Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.
North Korea is lashing out at the U.S. and denying involvement in the Sony hacking. Elise Labott reports.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Politicians and the media need to look before they leap. Admit mistakes when you make them. Stop spreading the wrong information so vehemently and not assuming accountability for spreading the wrong info. If you are going to use the media as a tool to brainwash people with false propaganda, you are doing a good job providing useless info, that is for sure. Stop speculating, journalists do not have the brainpower to speculate and neither do the CEO's of news organizations.
Kill those fuckers
Unfortunately and with enduring sadness; when Mr. Walter Conkrite passed from this life, the veteran CBS News Anchor signaled the untimely end that the very notion of that “public trust” should be a unique treasure carefully guarded yet openly demonstrated not only to the benefit of US citizens, but also to many throughout the World. Buoyed by detailed, accurate and sound journalism, Mr. Conkrite’s very “word” could be trusted…by hundreds of millions! At this moment, which Media figures, Government Officials, Politicians, Corporate Leaders… among others can simply give their “word” to enjoy the confidence of the general public?
Case in Point: When US Government Agency Directors behave, often immorally, as political animals; can their reports be “trusted”? Since the FBI falls under the control of the Attorney General Holder/Justice Department and knowing that the DOJ has a recent history of issuing reports whose validity ranges from misinformation to falsehoods; how accurate is the FBI assertion that NK is the epicenter of the Sony hack? Few doubt the typical Agent(s) honesty and devotion to duty, but how trustworthy are the higher ranking political-animals?
1. N/K may be “The Guardians of Peace”.
2. The “GOP” may be a third-party motivated by dark humor or $$$ or showmanship and so on.
3. Any number of Intel Agencies or Governments or Criminal Cartels and so on to include the US, may have triggered the hack-sequence cloaked as the “GOP” simply to map the response(s) of any individual/entity be it Government or Corporate or Market or Social or ID Coding etc. If so, what is next?
4. Did an Entity orchestrate the entire NK/ Sony Hack program to test the ability to shut down the net capabilities of an entire country? If so; what would that talent/ability be worth?
5. Who loses if N/K begins to actually alter its aggressive political/military/economic/social posture necessary to first participate peacefully with Asean Partners and then the Global community as a whole?
6. Since N/K is China’s often errant blood-brother; is this GOP/Hack a side blow directed at China as an embarrassment or worse?
7. And so on…
Events are rarely predicated on the obvious.