Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

October 5th, 2011

Does President Obama's tone sound different?

Does he sound different to you? CNN's Brianna Keilar explores how President Obama tailors style and tone to the audience.

Filed under: Situation Room
  1. C. Tim Quinn

Please, for God's sake give me a break! I teach communication at the college level and what you're talking about, we all do, all the time. Hell, I speak broken Spanish to my gardener. I speak baby talk to my grand nice. And in class I try to sound like a college professor. I mean what's so socking about this.

December 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  2. cbr

Are we criticizing him for changing his tone, volume and choice of words? Most of us do that continually every day. Even parents do that as necessary. Let's talk about the content and leave the rest behind.

October 24, 2011 at 6:42 pm |
  3. Bill

Sounds a bit desperate

October 17, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
  4. Jim Thomas

He is trying to buy votes and if he and all the other politicans get reelected we can kiss this country goodby.Vote ALL INCUMBANTS OUT OF THEIR JOBS as soon as possible.Jim Thomas Phx.Az.

October 6, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
  5. dan in albuquerque

Of course he sounds a little different at different times. A good politician, or any of the best speakers match the volume, tone, and choice of words to fit the type and mood o his audiece, That's skill.

October 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  6. J. B. Morin

Wolf –

You refer to the gridlock issues in Washington as 'politics.' You know better. Politics is the art of compromise, not gridlock. It is the LACK of politics that is the issue.

Thanks for continually providing a worthwhile program.

October 5, 2011 at 9:55 pm |