Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

October 24th, 2013

Live Obamacare signups in the Situation Room

Tom Foreman speaks with three young Americans who want to sign up for Obamacare but can't because of website problems.

RELATED STORY: What we learned — and didn't - from Obamacare website hearing

Filed under: Health • Obamacare • Tom Foreman
  1. mr shepard

I was able to log on and get obamacareroid with an a smart phone so

October 25, 2013 at 6:01 pm |
  2. Jim Thomas

All the government has done is open up all the people to hackers and they DONOT care.The info they want you to put over the net they have had in their files since the day you were born.The USA has the worse bunch of DEADBEAT,CORRUPT people in our government we have ever had,bar none.I am 73 yrs. old so I have seen a few people in our government.Tell me it is not wrong for them to get unemployment checks plus their paychecks for setting on their butts and doing nothing.They want to increase my taxes so they can waste more money on vacations,golf and other whims?You news media people better pull your heads out and listen to the people instead of these jerks that are in there doing nothing and making big bucks off of our tax money,then telling me you are broke and want more.IMPEACH all of them as they are TRAITORS to the people in the USA.Jim Thomas Phx. Az.

October 25, 2013 at 4:42 pm |
  3. Phil, south jersey

Whatabout all of the great things the Bill is doing?? Its Working, its Working!! People are saving at least half and 600, 800 a month. Republicans said policies would increase but for about 80% or 90% of people it has decreased. People aren't dying from pre existing conditions, or going bankrupt from a sudden illness. For just that alone the Bill was worth it!!!!! If for just 1,2,3 families, lives were saved, then it's worth it. Lives are Sacred and must be treated as such....We are fearfully and Wonderfully made

October 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm |
  4. Kathy Howard

Everyone keeps speaking about sign-up problems. I have had NO problems signing up and I live in Kentucky! I think a lot of this has been blown out of proportion.

October 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
  5. maybeitsme

While I know why they need it, the fact is once they get it and marry it to the rest of the databases this thing has to coordinate with, they've got it all. To include the statement that one should not expect privacy tells me they know precisely how this MIGHT be used....intentionally or unintentionally. Other enrollment systems are specific in how the data will be used and matched against specific eligibility, payroll, etc and how it will be protected. This sounds very different to me............

October 25, 2013 at 6:16 am |
  6. Ann Davis

Dear CNN,
    I just spent a long time trying to live chat with a customer service agent on Healthcare.gov. I asked the same question to 6 consecutive agents and I never got an answer from any of them to my question. There are no PLATINUM PLANS listed on Healthcare.gov for Gregg County, Texas. Can CNN find out how the government could allow the insurance companies to discriminate by not allowing all Americans to have the opportunity to purchase a PLATINUM PLAN based uponwhere they reside? I thought that all Americans could choose from the Bronze to Platinum Plans. I also looked under much larger Tarant County, Texas and likewise, no Platinum Plans were listed. I hop you will take an interest in exposing this issue. Thank you.

October 25, 2013 at 12:32 am |
  7. Bob Magno (San Diego CA)

For @RepJoeBarton:
    Privacy concern should never be an issue for Obamacare website application into the system. For new enrollees, they have to provide key information such as SSN, gender, pre-existing conditions, etc. because they are used to determine the applicant's eligibility for govt subsidies and insurance premium determination. These key information are needed only first time around. The Republicans demanded during the gov't shutdown strict adherence to income verification for those applying for subsidies or govt support in Obamacare. These key private info's are needed to tap into the IRS and other gov't agencies to accurately verify the income levels of the applicants needing govt support. Once they are in the database system, they can be permanently hidden from view. But they need to be internally shared among the CMS, IRS, exchanges, insurance companies, and other entities every time for billing and insurance payment purposes. During annual re-enrollment period, these key information will again be used to re-determine the patient's eligibility for insurance subsidy. Privacy concerns should never be in this debate at all as they are actually needed by the system in processing legitimate claims.

October 24, 2013 at 8:00 pm |