Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

September 19th, 2012

Who Romney's 47% really are

Tom Foreman fact checks Mitt Romney's controversial remarks and takes a look at who is in Romney's "47%."

RELATED STORY: 4,000 millionaires in Romney's '47%'

Filed under: 2012 election • Mitt Romney • Tom Foreman
  1. JoAnn

I am a victim of my illness, not my government.

September 23, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  2. Phyllis G Williams

I am in the 47%. I sweated and trusted the Government with my savings, they sweated and trusted the banks with their savings, and now they want to draw out mine and leave theirs. Wake up your conscience!!

September 22, 2012 at 9:06 am |
  3. Joe

My 80 yr old grandma is one of the 47 percent. She was housewife who raised 4 kids, never a victim, never lazy. She now lives on the social security and Medicare that my grandfather paid into – and Romney / Ryan want to hand it over to wall street. I suspect they'll rob us all and hide it in offshore accounts.

September 22, 2012 at 2:52 am |
  4. manning El Paso, TX

I am Romney's "47%." Viet Nam Vet with 100% disability, and I am senior citizen collecting social security I sure as hell Earn it the hard way by serving my country and working hard. Is this how he going to treat the vats and seniors, is this why he selected Ryan the butcher of medicare and social security to cut all are benefits and give more to the rich is this the Romney & Ryan way?

September 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  5. Name*Charles Hughes

Wolf I take exception with your statement about people paying into SS for 30-40 years ......IT was / is MANDATORY ... To "pay in" we were not given a choice.....DAM RIGHT we expect a return on our mandatory" pay in "for Social Security!!!!!!

September 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  6. Bob

You political pundits think what Romney said is going to be bad for him. I think its going to have the opposite effect. I was an Obama supporter in 08, but since then his policies have really turned me off. I think this issue is something that most americans are concerned with. The huge debt . I am one of those 47% who doesn't pay federal income taxes. I think this is wrong, we should not be along for a free ride and let someone else pay our way. Don't punish success.

September 19, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  7. Dan in Stewartstown, PA

Redistribution of wealth is a bad thing? Any taxation is a reditribution of wealth. Giving money I pay in taxes to subsidize oil companies is a good redistribution in the eyes of the GOP. Keeping fellow Americans fed and housed is a bad redistribution by Romney's reckoning. How is it possible that most voters see this for what it is. Grasping at straws by someone who's in over his head.

September 19, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  8. Aldo Martinez

WTG CNN on fact checking who's in Romney's 47% who see themselves as victims and likely to vote for Pres Obama also where are most of these 47%ers live in Red or Blue states?

September 19, 2012 at 1:01 pm |