Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

September 13th, 2012

'Better off' poll shows partisan split

CNN's John King explains poll results on a key campaign question, which reveal a deep partisan divide on the economy.

RELATED STORY: CNN Poll: Are you better off than four years ago?

Filed under: Economy • John King • Magic Wall • polls
  1. T. Barrett

Hello Mr. Romney most of us do not believe we are entitled to health care housing or food stamps. Many of us contributed to our Social Security and are retired. Many of us are so diseased we can barely walk from one side of our house to the other. We do not go to the best doctors because they do not accept Medicare. Specialist we need because we are diseased and our diagnoses are incurable: so we remain in pain day after day year after year and our lives are a living hell. Now you want to tax me on my $9,540.00 a year
    I do not even qualify for food stamps???????? I am getting rid of my cable so I can buy food and pay for my medicine. I guess I am one of the leaches on government you are going to tax, and cut my benefits so you can add me to you to do list of putting Americans back to work.
    Have you ever lived with Lupus, fibromalsia, Epilepsy, Chronic fatigue syndrome, spondyliosis, rheumatoid arthritis and oesteo arthritis plus the other insignificant issues that are not included in the perks of qualifying for Medicare. Like my stomach ulcers, tumors on my colon, closing esophagus that has to be stretched every few months so I can eat without choking, panic attacks, GERD, bursitis, hernia, and diverticulutis.
    Being born in a life of privilege many of us will never know has made you oblivious to our needs. By the way 1 in 4 children in America go to bed hungry how every night!!! Has anyone in your family gone to bed hungry? What are your plans for our hungry children? Outsource them so they can work in sweat shops? That will increase America’s profit margin and decrease out deficit. Not to mention you will not have to allow any government supplements so they can have food! I am a registered independent and will remain so, however you just made my choice for me and it not YOU!

September 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm |
  2. johsua

I just polled 100 people. 100% said we are worse off today than we were before you elected Barack Obama regardless of how hard John King tries to spin it for the President.
    I wonder if John King openly solicits campaign contributions from his twitter account like other CNN correspondents do?

September 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
  3. Jim Thomas

What,is the government telling the media everything is rosy pink and to pass it on.Tell them lies to all the unemployed.They should know how well they are doing.You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time.Jim Thomas Phx.Az.

September 14, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
    • Jodi Johnson

I agree CNN can't hide how much they love Obama. They need to change there name to Obama news!

September 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm |
  4. elle

Wolf Blitzer is like the "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" scene in the Wizard of Oz, trying to get us to pay no attention to Obama's foreign policy failure by shifting it to Mitt Romney's statement. Mitt Romney's statement was appropriate and pro-America. He doesn't have to wait for the White House before he speaks. It was the White House that took too long to speak.

September 14, 2012 at 4:32 am |
  5. seeking fairness

There was lady commentator on your show yesterday who said something like 'if I hear about the auto industry being saved one more time that she would whatever...’( Just a condescending remark). I have one thing to say to her. It is not about your feelings; it is about those people and families whose jobs are saved and still working. So, think of it from their perspective instead of your own personal interest. Oh! by the way as a news reporter shouldn't you be doing your work without being visibly bias?

September 14, 2012 at 3:43 am |
  6. Gilbert

This partisan split on the question of whether we are better off today than we were on January 20, 2009, the day President Obama was sworn in, shows how difficult it is for some people to be honest. 6 weeks after the President was swarn-in the stock market hit a low of 6400. Today it closed at 13,539.7!!! Can anyone honestly say this is not better than before??? Instead of losing 800,000 jobs a month, we actually added 95,000 jobs last month. Who would be foolish enough not to recognize this improvement??? A few years ago, the auto industry was about to collapse. Today over a million auto-industry related jobs have been saved. Is this not better than it was then??? What kind of people would lie about the obvious? Your partisan divide is based more upon hatred for the President than for actual fact.

September 14, 2012 at 1:09 am |