Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

July 27th, 2012

Chick-fil-A faces gay marriage backlash

The backlash intensifies against a popular chicken restaurant chain, as both sides dig in. CNN's Mary Snow reports.

RELATED STORY: Evangelist Billy Graham defends Chick-fil-A

Post by:
Filed under: Mary Snow • Religion
  1. Moses

What I love is that all reporters have gotten "scared" to actually have their own view based on their beliefs, and criticize others for sharing theirs. And great, Mr. Cathy stood up for his belief, now you want to attack his legacy and business? WOW. Good job CNN. Good job Gays. One of my favorite restaurants is owned by a gay guy, you don't see me vetoing his business because of his moral standards. Tsk Tsk America...go eat some chicken.

August 2, 2012 at 10:51 am |
  2. Dorothy

You can tell a lot about a group's ethics and values by what they fight for:

Gays: 1. Marriage – so they can live in legally recognized monogamous relationship. 2. Family – so they can raise their children in stable homes as a couple. 3. Service – so they can serve their country in the military.

Religious Right: 1. Power – so they can suppress women and control their reproductive rights. 2. Money – so they can protect their worldly assets from lawsuits and taxes. 3. S e x – so they can keep their pastors out of jail for illicit contacts.

I think I would prefer to stand on the side of goodness and morality. I would prefer to stand up on the side of the gay community.

July 28, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
  3. Phyllis G

Homosexuals are a disgrace to the country, bringing judgment from God Who doesn't want them:
    "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is
    a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret" (Ephesians 5: 11-12).
    Homosexuals are destroyed by God with fire and brimstone (Genesis 19: 24),
    they are called "uncleanness " or nasty people (Romans 1: 24),
    "condemned to death (Leviticus 20: 13), "the vengeance of eternal fire" Jude verse 7
    "their sin is very grievous"(Genesis 18: 20). If you love them, tell them to Repent like
    the rest of humanity (Romans 3: 23).

July 28, 2012 at 11:07 am |
  4. John

As a business owner once again the left shows how they despise business. Let`s turn it around nobody should watch CNN because they promote gay marriage. Which person at CNN is going to condem the muslim community for their views on gay marriage. Nobody because all of you are cowards. This is part of the reason unemployment is high in the black community because you have convinced the black community that business owners are racist. Why would I hire someone who thinks I`m a racist. In the latino community the President wants to let illegals work. Why would I hire someone whos first act in this country was to break the law. When I was growing up my parents taught me that if you work hard you can suceed. You could sure tell my Dad was a conservative because if he was a liberal he would have finished that statement by saying after you suceed you should feel bad about your sucess and then give your wealth to everyone else unless of course you are a liberal then you are allowed to be cheap because they only believe in spreading others wealth. I wonder if CNN and the President beleive that our Olympic athletes should spread their medals to underdeveloped countries?

July 28, 2012 at 2:37 am |
  5. California

Chick-il-A has my suport.I'll be eating there much more now.

July 28, 2012 at 2:27 am |
  6. Jim Thomas

It is still a good place to eat and I love their milkshakes.People should not judge least they be judged themselves.Jim Thomas Phx.Az.

July 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
  7. Paul

Who is protecting Dan Cathy's rights?

Why is it that he can be 'slandered' without retribution?

The man has said nothing against anyone.

He has stated his belief.

I can tell you fist hand that 'it' (marriage=man+woman) is the belief of every Apostolic Church on the planet.

Paul