Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

Ask Wolf!
July 2nd, 2012

Ask Wolf!

Wolf Blitzer is CNN's lead political anchor and the anchor of “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.” He has been with the network for more than 20 years and has decades of experience covering politics, the White House, international affairs, national security issues and a wide range of major breaking news stories around the world. Over the years, he has interviewed some of history's most notable figures, including the last seven sitting U.S. presidents and many foreign leaders.

This new daily segment is your chance chance to step into “The Situation Room” and turn the tables on Wolf. Have a question about a recent interview or story? Curious about his take on the presidential elections or the stand-off in Syria? Want to share your thoughts or tap into his expertise on a current topic?

You can send in your questions or comments to Wolf the following ways.

Watch “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer” weekdays from 4-7pm ET to see if Wolf responds to your video on air.

Click here to see previous 'Ask Wolf' segments.

Filed under: Ask Wolf • Wolf Blitzer
  1. Griff

"Whats happening now. Wolfe??? Is now 'What happened??" I missed that one!"

August 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
  2. j

Perhaps a hurricane (or at least a major storm) hitting Tampa is God's way of smiting the Republicans?

August 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
    • Helen Norris

maybe it will blow Romney out of this world to a place where he can be dictator maybe Mars that would be a start that man has got to go far far away

August 24, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  3. helen k. norris

I am so ashamed of this election year it is so dishartning to hear some of the comments that are comming out of peoples mouths its just terrible what the world has come to. It wasent two meney years ago one would be jailed for disrespect the office of president and the man in it. now its not only regular peoples it those in office. to have a congressman the day the president is swarn in say it would be his lifes work to get him out of office and today a judge say if our president is relected there will be a cival war in this country. whats wrong with people have they gone so far down into the ditch that is all they can do is say foul and disrespectful things about the highest office in our country. Wolf I hope you take the time to read this and think what has this country come to. it needs to stop.

August 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
    • Susan abercrombie

Talk about a new low, I don't watch CNN because of there biase. I turned it on today only to see Wolf Blitzer showing strip clubs in the city where the republican convention was. implying all republicans will be going into these clubs. This is the kind of thing that makes me sick. CNN should be ashamed they should be banned from covering the convention. I hope all the advertiser are paying attention to all of us changing the station and refusing to watch this ridiculous coverage

August 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm |
  4. Griff

"What is: 'The Middle Class' in the USA, Wolfe??? Small business? The workers? Those that still manage to live from their parent's investments? Those that manage to live off the land with just enough to survive?? The all survive in the middle, whilst the freeloaders do nothing but live off 'Food Stamps' and welfare. How long do you think the investors are going to waste their funds here (north america) when Europe is just about to grow!"

August 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  5. Griff

"And what about the "News of the World" Wolfe> Oh sorry Lizzie has that media closed down!"

August 22, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
  6. Beverly Travers St. Pete, Fl

Wolf, please tell me why no one seems to or obviously choose not to understand that when the President stated "you did'nt build that" what he was talking about was the structure/building where the business is ran? I watch you everyday 4-7 PM and haven't even heard the Democrats sensibly defend this statement.

August 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  7. Vera Dennen

Wolf, if Republicans already know Romney will be their representative, why don't they do the ADULT thing, and rather than holding a convention, just save the great expense. This is why the Nation is so deeply in debt, all of the ADULTS in the US are now over 65.

August 20, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  8. mike Va

What is a "balancing quote"? CNN sports just reports the game! There is no "balancing quote" in baseball. CNN looks like the playbook for a GOP consultant. Is it really this easy? The most horrible aspect is the subtle interjection of race. It isn't enough that CNN spent the last few years giving us "balance" about voter suppression. You want to actively support people promoting.

August 18, 2012 at 3:04 am |
  9. Mike G.

Why are we not reporting on the Russian Sub in the Gulf of Mexico for a Month undetected?

August 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  10. Judi Russell

MY QUESTIONS AND THOUGHTS

Trickle Down? or Trickle Out?

It’s been very difficult for me to listen to “Cut taxes for the rich and there will be Trickle Down . . . a creation of more jobs.”

I look at the information that is available for Romney and I hear more out about, the never talked about, TRICKLE OUT! Jobs “Trickled Out to Other Countries”, Companies “Trickled Out to Other Countries”, Profits “Trickled Out to Other Countries” and Taxes “Trickled Out to Never Never Land”.

Gun Laws

I am required, by law, to report any new car purchase . . . regardless of the number of cars I might purchase. And my driving record follows me wherever I go. Why isn’t it possible to follow gun purchases, listing the types, use, etc.. Companies and the Government should be able to pull up a name and know that the person owns 3 AK-57s, Rifles, etc...

I am required, by law, to show my ID when purchasing certain types of over-the-counter medication. Why isn’t it possible to track and monitor all gun and bullet purchases? There was a time that people could go into a store and purchase large amounts of medicine that was used to create drugs. We have attacked that problem, why not guns and bullets?

It is required, by law, to be a certain age and to show ID for each purchase of cigarettes. Why isn’t it possible to track purchases of guns and bullets?

My entire history of Dr’s and medication is available to my insurance company. If someone has met with a psychiatrist (for any reason, to include marital) this meeting could affect a person’s ability to obtain insurance and also the cost of insurance. Why isn’t it possible to have this same tracking for guns and bullets?

When we go to the airport, all types of precautions are taken. In fact, we could even get in trouble if we joke about bombings or shootings (if we are heard). This seems pretty strict compared to gun/bullet laws for every other place of business.

Those individuals who are responsible gun owners should have no problem with stricter gun/bullet laws. If they have children, families, friends, wouldn’t they want to make sure that the people obtaining weapons are responsible and not dangerous? I want to know that my children, family and friends are safe going to schools, churches, movie theaters, malls, airports and all other places where crowds gather.

Voter ID Laws

It seems to me that if we (everyone within the US) are all voting for the President of the “United States”, that the same voter laws should apply for all Americans.

How is it possible to quickly create stricter voter ID laws and NOT create stricter gun registration laws?

In this instance, I believe the Supreme Court should decide on “who is eligible to vote” and this should be consistent through out the United States.

I don’t agree with the need for stricter voter ID, but if the law is necessary, the law should be enacted “after” the election and for the entire US. This would provide ample time for everyone to obtain the necessary voter ID.

August 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm |
    • Jerry

Huckabee has won the 18 delegates avlabaile from the convention. Romney won a plurality of the delegates with 41% on the first ballot. For those of you who haven't attended a convention, the winner must get a majority of the vote, so that when nobody gets a majority, voting continues. In West Virginia, each successive ballot drops the last place candidate. Successive ballots left Huckabee and McCain. Both McCain's people and Ron Paul's people backed Huckabee.9 Delegates remain for the primary, in which a plurality can carry one to victory.The question today will be which is stronger: Anti-McCain sentiment or anti-Romney sentiment.

October 13, 2012 at 12:29 am |
  11. JoannaE

Wolf – I'm starting to watch your show again!

Your interview of Arthur Davis was a very good example of fair reporting on your part. There are two sides to every story. The American people know it and want to hear both sides without the impression that a reporter is biased on one side.

If you continue with this type of fair and unbiased reporting we will tune in to watch The Situation Room. Thank you!

August 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
  12. Steven Mills

I am so tired of your contention that you are being fair, when your not, you havent called out Romney on any of his lies, I am not an Obama fan and i will not vote for either man, but you are making a big deal out of what Biden said and bringing up race, you do not call out any of their lies but you are quick to point out any Obama mis statements, Romney has taken Obama out of context many times and you haven't called jim out once, I am so tired of this election its all a lie if Romney believes in something he should run on it and have conviciton, we have two men that say what we all want to hear but the only difference is Obabm does not blatantly lie all the time, and the only racist thing is your news channel bringing up ridiculous crap up all the time, and you all know damned well that Biden's comments had nothing to do with race, why not call out republicans on their blatant racism questioning Pbama's birthplace or foodstamp president or the welfare comments Biden's says the word cheains and all of a sudden everyone lights their hair on fire, CNN should be ashamed you are becomiong FOX news and spmetimes reporting both sides is taking sides especially when one side is just plain wrong. KEEP YOURSELVES HONEST YOU LOST A VIEWER. Get your crap together.

August 15, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
    • Bo of Hottlanta

AMEN

August 15, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
    • Jo Smith

I know you want to be fair and give both sides in this election, but is what Vice President Biden said any worse that Mitt Romney telling people in Kentucky that "Of course I'll win. I'm the White guy." Wasn't he also making his point that he's for White people and with their vote he'll win, when he should be trying to relate to all people? Unfortunately, I haven't heard many new people tell this story. Why?

August 16, 2012 at 12:34 am |
  13. Joanne Ben

The dems are scrambling as a response to the Romney Ryan ticket. Wasn't it great to hear the Republicans articulate what the real problems are and what they will do to actually solve them. All Obama can do is sling class warfare because this is his platform. By giving tax breaks to the wealthy, there will be alot more money circulating and being put back into business in this country. Who was it again who put through NAFTA? THe dems! Romney and Ryan are my voice. THey are true Americans. THey speak the truth. I want my country back. God Bless them and I hope the dems lose across sthe board so we can bring some common sense back to the United States.
    I am a Catholic. Democrats have alot of nerve shoving their proabortion agenda down our throats. I wish the church would speak out and tell Catholics to vote Republican to vote prolife and against the movement that tries to equate legalized sodomy with the God established institution of marriage.

August 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
    • James McCants

if I didn't have to suffer with you I would pray that Romnie wins .But people like forgot how it was in 2007,2008 and 2009.You forgot the debt ceiling is credit card from last administrartion

August 16, 2012 at 7:28 pm |
  14. Raul

Congratulations, Wolf. Finally you showed some spine. I used to watch CNN but I stopped several years ago, because all of you are in bed with the democrats. But I was very surprised to see you, Wolf, being for once, quite an IMPARTIAL JOURNALIST when you went mano a mano with Debbie Wasserman. Hurrah for you, I even might start to follow you again, and who knows, maybe if all of you start to be more evenhanded, your ratings might go up.

August 14, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  15. Andrea in NY

Congratulations, Wolf! You actually got Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to answer your question about the effect of the Ryan Plan on seniors over 55. It's hard to get her off talking points and onto the question.

August 13, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • Carl Lafoon

When you ask a guest a guestion why don't you let them answer. You kept repearting the position of Paul Ryan when you had asked Debbie for a response to his statement.

You are not the expert the Guest is the show not you.

I really enjoy your program but you would not let Debbie answer the question.
      She knows that if Romney and Ryan are sucessful then Medicare as we know it will be gone. You kept saying but he said nothing would change.

That statement is not true. If the Medicare System goes to a voucher syatem each Senior will be at the mercy of the Insurance Industry. The current Medicare System has a payment schedule established by the Government. If the system is changed from Medicare to a voucher syastem that payment schedule will be abolished. It will be a disaster.

You kept saying that nothing will change unless you are 55 years old or less. Wolf most of us Seniors have Children who are 50 to 55 years old and guess who they will turn to when the Medicare System does not help them pay the Medical Bills. Yep US SENIORS.

This is a very hard issue but not providing a cost control system along with adaquate insurance will be a disaster for the 50 -55 year old public.

August 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm |
      • KLEPAK

More and more, you are sounding like and appearing to be a partisan for the GOP instead of a journalist. I appreciate calling a lie a lie, but first let the interviewee an opportunity to anser. Rep Schultz tried 6 times to explain how and why curren Medicare beneficiaires are and will be affected by what YOU mistakenly charachterized as only applying to under 55 perople. She tried to explain that adverse selection, a concept quite familiar to and invented by private insurers, will occur, reducing the revenues available to fund current seniors. She tried to explain that as this adver selection, invited by the Ryan plan continues, the deficit between revenues and claims for CURRENT seniors widens.

If you disagree with her conclusion and thought it was false, you should have and in the future need to challenge that portion of her argument, to wit, reduced funding for the sickest by allowing the healtiest to leave the pool. She is either right or wrong. Try addressing that issue, as a partisan or journalist, please.

August 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm |
      • Joanna E.

Kudos to Wolf for taking a stand and cutting Debbie off before she could spout off more lies. That's what an exceptional reporter should do! Poor little Debbie is going to be so insignificant when Romney wins big and Republicans take control of both Houses. I can't wait for Rolf to report that in November!

Wolf – I believe you are well aware that CNN reports primarily favor liberals/Democrats and diehard support for Obama. You know that Obama is going to lose. Get a jump on the story and start reporting how this election is really going to play out!

How refreshing would it be to see your own ratings go through the roof once you start presenting both sides to the story ALL the time? Trust me, your ratings will soar!

August 14, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
  16. An COL

I knew none of the CNN crowd had ever served in the Military but thought over time some of you might have learned how to tell the difference between a Marine and an Army soldier - but from this exchange I can tell I was giving them too much credit. This exchange from the 8 Aug Situation Room entitled "Training For Race War In The Army?" proves my point.

CNN's Chris Lawrence is interviewing a guy named Leyden who he identifies as a former Marine and Skinhead. Lawrence comments: “Leyden would know. He’s a former Marine and skinhead, who says some military unit ignore over racism…”.

And then Laydon responds: “I used to hang a swastika flag in my wall locker..... "

So how does BLITZER respond: That’s pretty shocking, though, when you think about it that a soldier would hang up a swastika, a Nazi flag, on a locker in front of everyone else. Are there no rules in the U.S. Army that would bar that?

Hello Wolf, a Soldier DID NOT hang up a swastika, it was a MARINE! It might have been appropriate in this discussion to have asked “are there not rules in the Marine Corps…” but no where in the entire interview was an allegation that the Army overlooked anything.

Wolf, “get your head out of your third point of contract” to use an old Army Airborne expressions but if you want to know how I really feel about things, check out my Blogspot blog:old-soldier-colonel

August 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  17. Griff

"What kind of English is this, Wolfe. Quote: (CNN) – Asked Thursday what Mitt Romney wants his running mate to say about the presumptive GOP nominee, the candidate said he's looking for someone with "strength of character." Unquote.

August 10, 2012 at 6:56 am |
  18. John Webb

Wolf, I don't understand your outrage with the anti- Romney/Bain attack. I have been involved in several mergers where those at the board level have decided to buy/merge multiple business entities. There are always long trails of carnage that those in the 'know" wish they could forget. I do blame Romney and Bain for what happened to those folks in the steel mill of Missouri. It may not have been any intent on their part but if they are going to accept any financial success then they ALL must accept the collateral damage they cause. I'm sure they haven't lost any sleep over these decisions. Also, I for one am curious why Romney who want to be my President won't release his tax info. Hell with the Demacrats, I want to know as an American... Thanks for the time . . .

August 9, 2012 at 6:42 pm |
    • Joanna E.

Romney is in no way to blame for the poor woman's death. She had insurance. Companies are bought and sold every day and executives have to make tought decisions that unfortunately affect workers. It is the nature of business. Under Obama, we now have drones that can kill anyone (even Americans) at any time ... where is the outrage from you about this? Obama received a Nobel Peace prize for doing absolutely NOTHING to earn it! Obama has no record to run on. The American people realize this and will be voting Obama out of office because he failed as a President. All the polls show that the majority of Americans could care less about Romney's taxes. What we care about is where all our taxpayer money went for Obama's stimulus plan!! The terrible economy, a deficit in the trillions, repealing Obamacare, high unemployment, rising gas prices, Fast & Furious, Obama's college records .... these are the REAL issues in this campaign! Romney will win in a landslide! Enough is enough! We are taking our country back from a Socialist!!

August 14, 2012 at 1:47 am |
    • James McCants

President Bush changed the capitol gains taxs that's why all the smart business people are moving anything they own

August 16, 2012 at 7:42 pm |
  19. RG

Wolf – I know that the ads are getting uglier, but I cannot believe that CNN would run any ad put out by the Conservative Majority Fund. I have seen two of these – both disgusting – both totally to motivate hate!!! One ad states that we don't know who President Obama is – that all his records are sealed – to sign a petition to get President Obama off the ballot. The second features a big wig from the NRA and states that President Obama is going to take away the second amendment right to bear arms along with other dispicable comments. Is CNN that hard up for cash that they would run these horrible, lie-filled ads. These types of ads just fuel the fire for hate groups. I thought CNN was more honorable than that.

August 9, 2012 at 6:20 pm |
    • James McCants

until congress make it a fellony to lie in campain adds or to knowingly slander a candidat nothing is going to change

August 16, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
      • Arun

In a Romney vs Obama matchup I execpt that Republicans would hit hard on competence, experience, and concrete ideas and actions rather than grandiose platitudes. Americans have elected incompetent platitude-spewing people as president before: Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. (And of course, good cases could be made that Ronald Reagan and G W Bush are in that category too.) I would also classify Carter and Clinton as demagogues. Though Reagan was good at making speeches, I wouldn't classify him as a demagogue. And G W Bush, just has never been good at speech-making.I'm not sure what Carter's record of running Georgia was. But Clinton's record of running Arkansas wasn't good at all. And GW's record of running Texas was mainly one of compromise, and giving in.

October 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
  20. Greg Burris

Wolf......I wish you would put as much effort into the facts behind Obama and his pathetic Chicago backed presidential campaign as you do in analyzing a piece of Papa John's pizza. Don't you think it is more important for the press to vet day in and day out the President of the United States rather than Papa John's secret sauce? Sadly, I know you do not think so and that is why you and CNN are becoming less and less relevant every day. You have your heads so far up Obama's @&& the stench has become acceptable. Your picture should be right next to the word irrelevant. How pathetic.

August 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm |
  21. Richard Thomas

Just want to flag my concern about comments made by John King during the Situation Room on August 8, 2012. Mr. King was discussing the possibility of Governor Romney choosing Tim Pawlenty, the former Minnesota governor, as his vice presidential nominee. In listing reasons why Mr. Pawlenty would be a good choice, Mr. King stated–in a totally unequivocal manner–that Mr. Pawlenty's leaving the Catholic Church and becoming an Evangelical Christian was an unmitigated "plus." He then repeated the unsubstantiated assertion–no ifs, ands or buts.

As an American Catholic, I take offense with Mr. King's assertion and the bald-faced way he made it. Catholics are roughly 25% percent of the American electorate and I see no reason why they, for example, would be more inclined to support a Romney/Pawlenty ticket due to the fact that Mr. Pawlenty changed faiths away from Catholicism. It might be a total non-factor, but the notion that it would be a "plus" among that huge slice of the electorate is unsubstantiated, for example. It is not even clear that Evangelicals would necessarily support Pawlenty more strongly due to the fact that he shares their religion (note: Senator Santorum, for example, did very well among Evangelicals during the primaries and he is a Catholic). There is also no evidence that such a change in faiths would be seen as an advantage for Mr. Pawlenty among any other segment of the public. It might be a fact of interest, but Mr. Pawlenty's change of faiths probably is a wash politically.

I was surprised that Mr. Blitzer, the king of fair play on cable television, did not ask Mr. King to prove his clear intimation that being an Evangelical Christian was better for you than being Catholic in American politics. I was also surprised that CNN would allow such a unsubstantiated and prejudicial statement, and thus run roughshod over the sensitivities of its Catholic viewers. If someone converted from Judaism to Evangelical Christianity or from Hinduism to Evangelical Christianity, etc., CNN would almost certainly not herald it a s a positive, concerned as it should (correctly) be with peoples' senstivities. With Catholicism, however, anything goes apparently. (Note: CNN's views on religion may have deeper roots: It is well-known that the then owner of CNN, Ted Turner, specifically mocked Catholic CNN employees present in a CNN boardroom some years back. Mr. Turner, an atheist, was disturbed that the employees had visited church earlier that day for "Ash Wednesday.") Regards, Richard.

August 9, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  22. Mike

I writing this to share my experience as a small business owner and job creation and assistance I am getting from my bank. My company is a private company owned by my family and in business for 12 years. We can double our employee roll in three years. In order to do it we ask our bank for a small loan that we will repay with interest in 3 to 4 years. After three weeks of deliberating and initial indication of willingness to do it – Chase has declined this loan.
    How can this be? How we in the US can claim that we are for the job creation but do not engage it at clear opportunity?

August 9, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • KLEPAK

And I thought it was Obamacare and a potential 3% increase on your personal taxable income AFTER your business deductions that was keeping you from hiring. It was a BANK, friend of one and all and not that Socialist Hitler in the WH? Who knew?

August 9, 2012 at 11:49 am |
      • Mike

It's all talk and no action on part of the Bank and politicians both Democrats and Republicans. I think on part of the WH it also only rhetoric to get re-elected but no real action. I need to see real action. I need small help to create good jobs in the market that is proven and working.

August 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  23. Griff

"Could they be talking about Barack Obama? 'The irection of a record-breaker' Yes I recon Obama stands up for all kinds, but not how to economise!"

August 9, 2012 at 9:46 am |
  24. ClaudiaL

I took a break from watching Al Sharpton & switched to CNN today only to find Wolfe & his gang ambushing Bill Burton over an ad. It's apparent that CNN is rightwing & pro-Romney, but, OMG, you put FOX to shame. FOX could not have bashed an Obama supporter as harshly as you did. And to think that you have treated the birther conspiracists seriously.

Since you are so close to Romney, please ask the tax-dodger to RELEASE HIS TAXES!

August 9, 2012 at 1:15 am |
  25. Marty

Where is Wolf's journalistic integrity? I was so disappointed today with is interview of Gingrich ...
    Since when does a journalist with an international following defend someone by saying "she's a friend of mine and is very NICE"? I was disappointed in Wolf. Did he also think that because Andrew Weiner was a "friend" and very "nice" that he couldn't possibly be a pervert?? He is.

August 8, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
  26. Karen Shaw

Why has CNN become Fox lite?

August 8, 2012 at 7:19 pm |
  27. Karen Shaw

Why the tag team on Burton.....afraid your canadidate won't win?

August 8, 2012 at 7:18 pm |
  28. John M Beringer

A couple of minutes ago I was listening to your discussions with a Superpac representative regarding their ad discussing Mitt and Bain Capital. The representative stated clearly what was the intent of the ad, which was adverse to Romney, and then was subject of multple comments, some of which were overlaping from Mr Blitzer and his associated commentators.

The problem was the commentary, as opposed to the explanation of the "why" of the ad, was almost incoherent stating that Romney was not responsible for the consequence, or even involved in the organization at the time.

Let me point out, as a current CEO, President and sole shareholder, I am responsible for the conduct of the organization in the marketplace, as well as the conduct of emplyees and representations my company makes to others. If I represent to a regulatory authority that I am CEO, President et al, I am legally responsible for the conduct of the company. If I profit from a transacton as a shareholder and CEO, I am resposible for the consequences to others, both legally and ethically.

Bain did not have hundreds or thousands of employees; he had about a dozen. There are stockholder meetings, and presentations/documents and contracts that require the President/CEO's signature

At the end of the day, this constant recitation of "he was not there" as a reason for not being responsible just does not match with the reality of the business world. Which was it? Was he responsible for making the decisions or was he just responsible for accepting the money? If he was not responsible, then who was? And from whom did he get the $250 million dollars?

August 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
    • ClaudiaL

Well said, John. Mitt & the CNN staff want to treat his tenure at Bain as being like a dead-beat Dad. Dad decides he's been absent from his kid's lives so he's not responsible for their bad behavior. Later, the kids excell in school and Dad decides to take full credit for that. Mitt & his CNN-SuperPac can't have it both ways.

August 9, 2012 at 1:27 am |
  29. Karen Shaw

Someone at CNN should explain if Wolf is paid by Romney. I have never seen such attacks by Wolf to Burton and his new commercial. Where were the attacks over the Republican Willie Horton Welfare commercial and why wasn't anyone sitting answering questions. Additionally, I don't see anything on the video section abt the welfare commercail being wrong.... only Burtons commerical...... very onesided.

August 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
    • seldent

Well, Karen, the NObama ad implied that Mitt KILLED this man's wife which was a blatent lie. AND yes, NObama DID change the rules about Welfare to work. So, I guess you think it's OK for a man to say "Mitt doesn't care" when his wife died 7 YEARS later. Then, without going to Congress to change a law, NObama did it with his pen. IF you're OK with that, DO NOT complain when the GOP starts doing it when we get back in the WH. NO COMPLAINING b/c we'll just say, "YOU DID IT>"

August 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm |
  30. gwen

Finally, CNN has decided to report a story without liberal bias. Excellent job with interview with Burton. I just may keep watching you.

August 8, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
  31. Linda

Wolf, when you discuss the Obama Super PAC ad today, please also discuss Andrea Saul's freudian slip in response to the ad on Fox News. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79482.html#.UCKQfD_Xpmg.twitter …

August 8, 2012 at 6:29 pm |
  32. john dutton

HI WOLF...
    CNN has covered the candidates comments on things need to be changed very well
    but has fallen very short in the area of getting the candidates to actually outline the
    SPECIFIC WAYS they will correct the problems.
    They only repeat what needs to be changed NOT how or what they will change.
    How am i to decide whom to vote for, when i dont know WHAT will be changed and affect me ?

August 8, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  33. Lawrence LeGrande

Another Republican incompetent today on The Situation Room – Anne Navaro:

She expounds on the expected 2011 tax return for Mitt Romney. She says that the 'four month' extension is over on August 15, 2012.

For years already, there has been one 'Automatic Extension' of six months ending October 15, 2012. That will leave less than three weeks to examine, to test, to comment on a 'really clean' return prepared and filed during Mitt Romney's campaign for POTUS.

The old scenario regarding extensions for individual Form 1040s was this: An automatic four month extension gained by filing Form 4868. Then an additional two months could be requested of the IRS. That filing required a reason why this additional two months was required.

Mitt Romney will not be filing his 2011 tax return before October 15, 2012. And, perhaps it will not be released for some days or weeks after that filing date.

For purposes of taxpayers, voters, experts examination of Romney's returns, there will be one return before the election for substantial examination.

August 1, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  34. KLEPAK

Wolf:

As a public service, if nothing else, with the power of the mic, camera and CNN, please ask Romney how legally one (he) can acquire $100 million in an IRA. I do not care about his past tax returns or his paying taxes or not as much as how all Americans can use the same laws to our advantages.

If you are reluctant to demand he answer this simple question, perhaps you ad CNN will put together a blue ribbon panel of tax accountants and tax lawyers to give us this information. Not only would Mitt be worthy of being our President, but of our personal savior.

Please hurry, I am not getting any younger and need the information. Thanks Wolf.

August 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
  35. Cristina Jean

Wolf –
    This is more of a request for YOU to ask a question. Economic sanctions imposed on Iran are of course the preferred method of action taken against the regime (the less violent the better!). Although, as I am currently watching your interview with Romney regarding such sanctions, has the anyone asked the question to the Obama administration and the Romney folks if they have considered the repercussions and destabilizing effects these sanctions would have on Afghanistan, particularly with the 2014 pullout swiftly approaching. Afghan migrant workers, even those with the proper paperwork, are being deported from Iran at an alarming rate. Obviously, this decreases desperately needed remittances sent to Afghan families on the other side of the border. Has anyone considered how destabilizing these sanctions might actually be and how this will affect the 2014 pullout? All this is much more eloquently described in a recent WSJ article by Maria Abi-Habib http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444330904577539000025751884.html

Check it, Wolf! And see if you can get any answers out of anyone.

July 30, 2012 at 6:51 pm |
  36. Name*

There was a bishop from Mormon church who sat and talked to me for hours. Telling me there are thousands of Gods and that is the goal for there eternity is to become gods. He tells me God had mother and father . He told me that God was once a man and earned His god hood like they are doing! People don't know what Mormons believe they think Mormons are Christian . When u listen to their basics they sound like Christian. They believe three seperate gods . Not trinity. I don't want to put mitt Romneys god in the white house. People need to investigate find out what they believe

July 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  37. Griff

"Quote: "Welcome to the Olympics!" the announcer says. "There’s Mitt Romney, who ran the Salt Lake City Games, waving to China – home to a billion people. Thousands owe their jobs to Mitt Romney’s companies." Unquote
    "I would say that all those working to keep the Olympics safe, owe their jobs to Romney, but if the President of the USA thinks so, then who am I to doubt him."

July 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  38. Adriana

ADM. Mccraven was a breath of fresh air yesterday.

Q to Mr. Blitzer: Who the devil do YOU think is in charge of our military and who do YOU thinks ORDERS raids like the raid on bin Laden and EXECUTED by Adm. Mccraven's team? You just seem incomoetent when you try to imply that OUR President, President Obama had a minor role. Shame on you! That is Fraudulent reporting.

Bush wasn't even interested in bringing that criminal to justice... birds of a feather and all. And now we have a President that ordered the raid that killed that monster and you want to trivialize that action?

You act like you are fair to the President but use snide remarks, false equivalencies and the illusion of equal time to damage President Obama. Why should some wheeler dealer business man who wants to buy this election like he's bought everything else in his life have equal time? President Obama speaks to policy and to our concerns. Mittens just... well, he just hides what his policies are and bad mouths our President.

July 27, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  39. AG

I've read the Biblical Recorder interview w/ Dan Cathy and nowhere in that article does he state he is anti-gay. He says he supports the biblical definition of family, which can vary based on what part of the bible you read – Abraham had at least 3 wives according to Genesis, and is considered the forefather of two of the world's most popular religions. I'm more troubled that mayors in two of America's largest cities, one of which has an unemployment rate of 9.5%, aren't interested in allowing a proven company to set up shop within their borders based on the CEO's personal beliefs. Considering the conversations I've had with those around me, I feel the majority of our society is interested in building a more economically solvent America for our children, rather than bickering about extreme political and social ideals. Taking a comment from an obscure religious website and calling it front-page news is hardly journalistic, nor does it help overcome the divisiveness that currently dominates our politics.

July 26, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
  40. Joe R. in Los Angeles

Ok so Rahm Emmanuel has a problem with Chick-Fil-A's values and doesn't want them in his city, but he does not have a problem with the homophobic and anti-semitic values of Louis Farrakhan? Rahm has just rolled out the red carpet for the Nation of Islam!! What hypocrisy!!! Report on that Wolf!!

July 26, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
    • Adriana

Farrakhan is the leader of a religious institution. Religious institutions indeed do seek to curb people's civil rights based upon their metaphysical leanings. You can't curb or make laws regarding religion.

A corporation, doing business on American ground best not be breaking civil rights laws.

Simple distinction for those bright enough to make the connection.

July 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
  41. Paul Godwin

If Romney is elected, after three years in office the unemployment rate is not under 5% and the deficit is no lower than it is today, would he be a failure as President? He keeps saying we gave Obama three years and he failed, but I can not find other Republicans to say Romney will have the job done in three years. Nor can I find any real numbers the Republicans are shooting for in these areas. Does anyone else get the feeling Romney wants" President "on his resume more than actually wanting to help the American people?

July 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • Jeff Tautges

I concur. I keep hearing Romney saying he can do this or that because refuses to say how he will do anything. I don't believe Romney can or will fix anything by being President. The economy, including jobs and such, will fix itself over the course of time. It always has before and it will again regardless of whom is President. The economy just has cycles it has to work through. Romney just wants a capstone and a fast-track to becoming a billionaire rather than a mere multimillionaire. He is not one of us. He is one of them!

July 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
  42. Jerry

Your station Wolf Blitzer, and all your commentators are appaulling, You get your talking points from The White house, and you constantly put down the next President of The United States of America, Mitt Romney. Your station supports a Chicago thug that is The New Socialist communist Party. He is purposley bankrupting the United States of America. And You support him WHY do you wnt to destroy America ? What good would you get out of that?Did they give CNN money?This man in the White House has not done one thing good for America. He needs to resign like Nixon. He is worse than Nixon. CNN needs to convene together and re-evaluate America's and Your Values!!!!!

July 26, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  43. Joan

I have a few questions about how you decide which stories to cover and who writes them and picks the headlines. Today the stock market is up over 200 points but it is hardly getting mentioned. I guess that is because it is good news. If it was down 200 points it would be "Breaking News". Also, the unemployment claims fell a fair amount but hardly gets mentioned yet if they are up the earth is falling. When gas prices were going down pretty quickly it was overlooked but it is a sign of disaster when it goes up a few cents. The housing market showed signs of improvement recently but was almost ignored. Why? When things are going bad you do stories on "Issue #1" and spread doom and gloom. When things are going better it is hardly mentioned. You know you could actually help the confidence in the country by telling the truth about the positive improvements. Why not have a show telling all of the positive signs? I guess the Republicans would have a fit if you did that but that's too bad. They have obstructed almost every measure that would have helped the economy and are doing their best to fulfil McConnell's wish. I hope their voting record and dismal showing in Congress gets proper coverage. If they expect Pres. Obama to run on his record, then they should too. Please report ALL aspects of the economic recovery in a balanced way, don't just pick off scabs and follow fire trucks.

July 26, 2012 at 11:19 am |
    • Celeste Butler

Joan, you should see by now that CNN is a run by a bunch of republicans who instruct their so-called anchor men and women to report only news that is may be damaging to the President of the United States. They are desperate to have Americans see President Obama in a bad light. They failed to report Romney/Bain destruction of GT Steell or how much taxes are being lost when billionaires like Romney and his flunkies send their billions to the Cayman to avoid paying taxes.

CNN does not report on Mike Turzai comment on voter ID that will win Romney Pennsylvania or the fact that there was a large rally in PA or that there are multiple law suits going on. No CNN will never report how well things are only the bad so it could be blames on President Obama.

The sad thing is that CNN has the forum to do whatever they want and will not report the news only what they think is news. It's sad that there isn't too much the President can do, but we have to hold steadfast and pound the streets to make sure we Democrats are out voting in full force like we did in 2008. When President Obama is re-elected, that will show them all!

July 26, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
  44. Griff

"Is this where Obama care can create a similar scare, Wolfe??? Quote:
    because nurses are so overworked

Wednesday July 25,2012

By Daily Express Reporter

Have your say(2)

THOUSANDS of hospital patients are being put at risk because nurses are so overworked, a damning report has revealed.

In a survey of 3,000 NHS nurses across England, three quarters said there are not enough staff to “get the job done”.

Almost nine out of 10 said that at least one “necessary activity” had not been done on their last shift due to lack of time – despite the average working day lasting 12.8 hours.

The survey, carried out by the National Nursing Research Unit at King’s College London and the University of Southampton, was part of an international programme looking at links between staffing issues and patient outcomes across 15 countries.

Jane Ball, deputy director of the NNRU, said: “Working with inadequate staffing not only puts patients at risk, but places immense pressure on staff, and has an effect on morale.” Unquote."

July 25, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
  45. LoFlo

Re: medical bills of Aurora shooting victims... The NRA and the spineless politicians who won't stand up to them should pay the medical bills of these victims of an assault weapon in the hands of ANYONE WHO WANTS ONE.

July 25, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
  46. getalife

Are you on the romney campaign team? How much are they paying you for that attack on the romney quote? Your bias is unacceptable.
    When are you going to retire?

July 25, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  47. Jeff Martino

Wolf the segment on your show with the gov. for Pennsylvania.She stated because holmes dropped out of class we need to involve the government in monitoring these people.How ridiculous!! guns don't kill crazy people do.The answer is in having an alarm on the exit doors of the theater> if a exit do is open the theater attendant closes it.A theater attendant should be there like in the old days.If that exit had been closed this would never had taken place...

July 25, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • Jeff Martino

Everytime an situation involving a gun we have to make stricter guns laws.If there is a stabbing do we take away the knifes????..if there a car crash we take away the cars??

July 25, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
      • Steve

I really don't get it. Why do Americans need hand guns and assault rifles, even sniper rifles?? If you can modify the first amendment why not the second? How about only allowing deer rifles and shotguns. An AK assault rifle really isn't very good for turkey hunting, it's only good for killing people. I am happy that my country (Canada) does not allow assalt weapons and pistols, much like other civilized countries. I'm happy I don't worry while walking down the street. I am happy that I do not need to lock my doors and hide in fear. Killing people and blowing up anything you don't agree with isn't very civilized. Guns are like crack for most Americans, especially the white middle class paranoid members of your NRA. When will you get a grip? Shake your heads and clear them out. The never ending gun battle in your country shouldn't even be happening. There is no reason what so ever that average normal people require assalt rifles and hand guns. How about you send all the members of your NRA to Afganistan so they can use their weapons and releave the poor men and women fighting a never ending battle. Support your troops! Send in the NRA!

July 25, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
      • Pete

Very excellent point.
        Thanks

July 25, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
  48. Griff

"And so, Wolfe. What is your wimp Obama going to do, now they're using fixed-wing aircraft in Syria??"

July 25, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  49. Griff

"So I lose my cool sometimes when listening to the news? I'm supposed to!!!"

July 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  50. MrrSw

As I watched Romney speak today I could not help, but realize something. Conservatives seem to have some ideas that are at complete juxtaposition. Their foreign policy will put American Troops in harms way to keep crazy people from having deadly weapons, but their domestic policy fights regulations that would keep crazy people from having deadly weapons.

July 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
    • Pete

Hey;
      The world does not have a Constitution that gives the people of that world "the right of the people to keep and bear arms' as does OUR wonderful Constitution.
      Be sure your brain is working before you put your fingers to work on the keyboard.

July 24, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  51. A. J.Perea

KEEPING IT THOUGHTFULLY HONEST:Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), and his House Boys, Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), Kevin McCarthy R- 22nd District of California, which includes Kern, San Luis Obispo and Los Angeles and Paul Ryan (R-Ohio) have been making misleading statements about their jobs package at every opportunity. These guys according public data,” get amount of $3.3 billion in pay-offs to self serving corrupt politicians talk about their accomplishments to pass "more than 30 jobs bills" that are now before the Democrat-controlled Senate, that are going nowhere, while they obstruct the President’s Job Bill for the past year, meanwhile 12.5 Million unemployed American have been asking what happen to our manufacturing jobs? SO WHAT IS THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH: “there's a problem with their jobs bills: They don't create jobs At least, they won't any time soon. The Huffington Post reports that five noted economists interviewed stated “that the GOP jobs package contributes no meaningful impact on job creation in the near term,” nor “likely to do much in the long term, either.” Each economist was clear that The GOP package is far more political than practical. So it is perfectly clear to us intelligent thinking Americans to conclude that, "its game playing to try to pretend like they're doing something," as stated by Jesse Rothstein, an economics professor at the University of California, Berkeley. THE SECOND INCONVENIENT TRUTH IS: In Case anyone has forgotten, the U.S CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Should be called-The Communists China Chamber of Commerce) is largest pay-off spender last year at $66.4 million dollars to support Big Business the so-called Job creators, the billionaires and Millionaires that continue to get their tax breaks to produce nothing in this Country including our own U.S.A. Olympics American red, white and blue uniforms with labels made in China! they continue to support out-source/off-shore to created thousands of jobs in Communists China as was done recently by Senate republicans last week, while displacing hundreds of thousands American workers in USA! There continues to be NO new jobs being created in America? Mr. Romney and Mr. Boehner, Senator McConnell, Middle Class Americans will remember these shameful and disgraceful continuing republican policies in November!

July 24, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
  52. Susan Albang

re: Aurora shooter...Was the loud techno music playing in his apartment when the police arrived? If so, How did they turn it off?

July 23, 2012 at 6:03 pm |
  53. Laura

Gun control laws should play a huge role in this election. Enough already! The is absolutely no reason to own a gun other then if your intentions are to end the life of a living being. Senator Coleman is just wrong when he said that gun control laws don't work when he sited the killings in Norway. Yes it happend but was a rarity. Look at the stats, comparing gun deaths in the US to that of Norway. Is the huge disparity because of gun control laws or are Americans just more homicidal by nature?

July 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • James

Laura,

By applying basic critical thinking skills I offer the following – Washington DC maintained tough gun control laws for many years and enjoyed the highest crime rate in the nation for years, after the laws were repealed the crime rate dropped. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the land and now enjoys one of the highest crime rates in the nation. Why people want to blame guns for the evil acts of a few eludes me; millions of children are murdered every year in the name of abortion yet that fact remains unaddressed; thousands are killed in automobile incidents each year yet I do not see anyone wanting to ban automobiles? Why blame the pencil for the misspelled word?

July 24, 2012 at 6:51 pm |
  54. Steven fried

I do not own a gun. The thought of having to shoot someone makes me sick. This shooting would have been stopped or not be as bad if an officer was in the theater or we had carry laws.
    When seconds count the police are minutes away !!
    If REGULAR people can become armed security guards, then regular people can ALSO safely carry arms.
    The last people to be disarmed will be criminals, and the first to suffer will be the public.
    THE WAR ON DRUGS AND ARMS DON'T AND WILL NEVER WORK.

July 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
    • Laura

Ridiculous. If he wasn't able to purchase an armory on the Internet none of this would have happened.

July 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
  55. Ted M

1. James Holmes if faking being "out of it" You can't be THAT out of it and do all he did.
    2. Please tell the New Lawyer for his Family to stop doing that weird thing with her mouth! all the time. It's distracting from what she is saying.Every other sentence she does this thing with her lips and mouth. It's just weird.

July 23, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  56. Ken

Holmes looks like the hamburglar, but in reality, he thinks he knows the human mind more than his own mentors and research staff. He thinks he has the ability to chemically manipulate the mind (in a matrix kinda way) and he thinks he can alter a human's sense of reality.

This guy obviously had the ability to develop and test a host of chemical assays on humans (himself) and he was able to alter his sense of reality. How close is this to LSD????

July 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
  57. Illumination

I see that CNN is using the massacre in Colorado as an excuse not to report on Mitt Romney's income taxes, offshore accounts and outsourcing disasters. Oh, not that I'm uninterested in the tragedy in Colorado, but I'm also interested ion the ongoing tragedy in Freeport, Ill. brought on by Mitt Romney's business model and Mitt Romney's company. Also, when Ann Romney referred to Robin Roberts as "you people," did she mean "you're black."

July 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  58. Joe R.

I understand all the talk about gun control, but what about the other issues here. There is too much violence in our culture. Why not hold the entertainment industry responsible for all the violent images? Why just blame this on guns? The killer was imitating a character from a movie. If he didn't have guns, I am sure he would have blown up something and hurt people. We have to come to grips with having a violent aspect of our society. Maybe we should outlaw violent movies in movies, tv, and video games. How much did the violent Batman trilogies make? How much did we love the movie 300? How much do we love seeing people fighting on Jerry Springer? How much do we idolize rappers and musicians who glorify violence and loose morals? How many times have we seen parents fight at little league games? How much do we enjoy ultimate fighting events? How much do we hold up and let athletes who are violent, return to entertain us? How much do we love playing games such as Call of Duty and other similar type shooter games? So let's not just talk about gun control, but also about the violents images that we see in our entertainment. But CNN and other news organization are not going to touch this topic. It is not PC. It is safer just to attack the guns. I have seen plenty of stories on gun control, but not one story on the responsibility of Hollywood. Oh yeah, the news is Hollywood!

July 23, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
  59. John

So Wolf i just got finished watching all the Sundays shows. My question is if someone like myself whom owns a gun and can shoot fly.... at 100 yards was able to carry in that Cinema maybe along with 30 others who carry would the outcome have been the same or would this character have even done this act knowing he is going to die? Next everyone is worried about Mitt`s taxes. I beleive Mitt`s answer should be I will release my taxes when you Mr. President lift the executive order on Fast and Furious. Adding my taxes will probally show I am rich and sucessful but will the the Fast and Furious documents show you Mr. President were behind the program which resulted in the death of a border patrol agent?

July 23, 2012 at 3:07 am |
  60. Chad Kirtland

How many more public massacres does this country need to be tainted with? How many more innocent people have to die before we have some sort of control?! I understand some hillbilly "needs" his collection of 500 guns, but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!! What the hell is the matter with this country?!?!?!?! Why do we as a culture value our weapons over the lives of others?!?! Are we that selfish?! Are we as a culture that blind to our problems?!

July 22, 2012 at 7:51 am |
  61. karen ann

Question about CO theater – why didn't alarm go off when emergency door was opened??? And wouldn't that be a good idea for those doors being monitored now at all emergency doors any where?

July 21, 2012 at 7:46 pm |
  62. Luis Rivera

Mr. Wolf Blitzer,

In regards to the tragic Active Shooter Incident in Colorado; I am amazed as to the overwhelming amount of people that are directing their comments at the ease with which this alleged shooter acquired the materials—guns, ammo and explosive material. I too would like to know why is it that almost 10 years after the 911 attacks, our government cannot detect such obvious activities. I’ve heard many blame the gun laws, which in my mind is as ridiculous as blaming the cheese for allowing itself to be eaten but the rat. The way I see it, some are prepared to relinquish their rights because of the incompetence of the agencies that are supposed to monitor and investigate these obvious actions. These are two incidents in less than a month; first was the disclosure of flight school that has trained 22 illegal aliens, and owned by another illegal alien during senate or maybe congressional hearings –not sure which—and now this. Thank you for the opportunity to comment … V/r Luis

July 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm |
  63. Frank mader

Were was the alarm on the E E door to the movie theater to alert the staff

July 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm |
  64. Jim N.

Time to rename the NRA the NMA
    THE NATIONAL MASSACRE ASSOCIATION... because MASACRES are what they and their lobby have brought us by saturating our country with guns and enabling such widespread, easy access to cheap guns.... Ridiculous!
    THE NATIONAL MASSACRE ASSOCIATION ... needs to be called on their role in all of this for a change. Where is the media and where are our representatives....cowering in fear???

July 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm |
  65. James

I notice how careful Newt was not to upset his friends at the NRA, but an AR-15 is an assault rifle, and i think he's disgusting for not saying what we all know, and that is that the 2nd amendment was written by people who had no idea that we would ever have something like that available to inflict so much carnage so fast. For a presumably smart man, he sure is acting like a pathetic idiot to use that defense when it comes to this event. I'd like to see him sit down in front of those families who lost innocent children and explain that to them.

July 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
  66. John

You and CNN DISGUST me ! !

Why do you have to go do an interview outside the suspects parents house??? You don't think they want to be left alone, and are probably horrified what there son has done? You think they really want to have you guys sitting outside their house and rub this in there face?

Absolutely uncalled for.

July 20, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
  67. Amy Cooper

Has anyone asked why those fire exits at the FRONT of the theatre were unlocked? They are only supposed to be free to exit from the inside out, not the outside in! That is a GAFF that would effect all movie theatres countrywide.
    And I get ANGRY everytime people talk about "their rights" to own ASSAULT weapons. NO ONE except law enforcement and military should have these weapons. The argument that criminals will still find access to these weapons is LAME. The more we restrict these the less access criminals will have to buy them on the streets. Common sense people!!!!

July 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
    • John

It wasn't unlocked, he was inside the theatre and then propped it open to go outside.

July 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
    • Mark Patterson

Banning all guns is not the answer to eliminating these kind of horrific events. Honest people will honor the laws but the freaks and sick minded people will have even more confidence knowing that honest people are not carrying a weapon giving them even more power to play God. The first answer to any gun related incident whether murder or self defense is to blame the guns. Drugs kill more people every day and they are banned so how is that working; its not. If everyone keeps the right to bare arms and protect themselves these wackos would have to think twice about invading someone's security. Our Government needs to punish these people quick and harsh that commit these types of no brainer killing sprees. That is the answer.

July 20, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
    • Luis Rivera

In regrds to your comments about restrictive gun laws; I don't think their a place where gun laws are more restrictive than in the island of Puerto Rico, and there the criminlas/drug traffickers are better armed than law enforcement and the citizens are at the mercy of these criminals. I think the argument of gun laws serves more as an excude for the government agencies that are supposed to be looking into things like the amount of ammunition and other materias that were purchased by the suspected shooter... More than 10 years after 911 they should do better than this ... Thanks for the opportunity to comment ... V/r Luis

July 21, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
  68. Wolf idiot blitzer

Hey wolf are you sure you understand what yellow tape it is. Wait is it the yellow tape or the other yellow tape or the firetruck. Wait a second a firetruck isn't a yellow tape. Wait a second now I am confused. Have that Asian reporter explain the yellow tape again.

July 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  69. Jack Gorski

Wolf you are so stupid. I'm watching your news coverage on the shooting in Colorado and even though it is a serious matter you got me and my cousins laughing. The Asian reporter just explained the yellow tape you stupid idiot. If your weren't so dumb you wouldn't need her to explain it again. How are you even hired?

July 20, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  70. Eddie Umrigar

You guys are not asking the right questions on economy and jobs. You are also not following up with the party? Some of you folks are just not discussing the right topics which we needed at this time.

Eddie Umrigar

July 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  71. John

So as a business owner I am here writing out payroll for tomorrow. Yes I know its early in the morning but when I got finished working last night it was late and I was tired. So when I am done I`m going to try to take a nap before going at it once again. My question is since once again there is not enough money for me to take a paycheck and I am not responsible for my sucess who would I call from the goverment so I to can get a pay check?

July 20, 2012 at 1:34 am |
  72. Thomas

I just caught the short segment with Wolf and Dan Rather concerning the "quote approval". As long as all organizations are given the same privilege it is of no consequence. The broadcasts from all three networks are all ideology biased reality TV presented with "ratings" as the primary incentive for content. The premise that there is noble and ethical journalism being presented for the greater public good and that any compromise would somehow be a sellout is pure fantasy. The framing of the questions, the content of the discussions and the choice of information and how it is spun are all a function of the biased message of the individual network. Just about everyone in the public is aware of this as they flip from one network to the next simply to be entertained by the multitudes of distortions of the truth. So wake up and just be happy that you are employed in this bad economy.

July 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  73. Ted Rehm

I caught the tail end of your interview with Dan Rather on 7/19. Mr Rather appeared to be appaled that journalists now are required to submit questions in advance to presidential candidates... and the questions are then reworded by the campaign, or not allowed in the interview that will follow. I hope I misunderstood what was being said. Could you please elaborate on this? When did this begin occuring... and is this both democrats and Republicans?

July 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
    • DAVE PHILLIPS

DEAR 'GENTLE' READER[s] == WOLF was QUICK to mention during this timely interview – THAT CNN 'DOES NOT' SUBSCRIBE – 'NOR SHALL IT SUBSCRIBE' – to such manipulation! ** "SHAME ON ALL CAMPAIGNS" – esp. DAVID AXELROD in CHicago - "SOTU" should ban all future 'face time' for him in retaliation, IMHO! -30-

July 20, 2012 at 8:00 am |
  74. Joe R.

Hey Wolf:
    I love the way you are always so quick to defend Pres. Obama. Start reporting some of the negatives of the President. Here is an idea: Why not have reporters have their names with their political leanings labeled. For example: Wolf Blitzer (D) or Dan Rather (D) or Foxnews reporters would have the (R) by their names. Objective journalism is dead. Everyone has their own political leanings bleed into their reporting. So let's just be honest and label your leanings so that the public can be informed.

July 19, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
    • Pete

Hey;
      Great point! SAD BUT TRUE:
      P. Mills

July 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  75. Troy

When is one of CNN's hosts going to bring up the fact that the statement by Michelle Bachman about Huma Abedin could cause Huma Abedin, and her family some serious harm. From Sarah Palins "Crosshairs", to this statement, somebody is going to get hurt one day, and sadly, I don't think either would take responsilbility.

July 19, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • Bill

That is a concern when baseless charges like this are thrown around and Ms. Abedin is named by Bachmann for the sole purpose of getting attention. Bachmann has become irrelevant due to her own ridiculous and outrageous history of statements that have no basis in fact. Wolf, DO NOT have Bachmann on to talk about this. That is playing into her hand. AS Gloria Borger just said, Bachmann needs the publicity and she needs to raise money. There is no purpose to be served by giving her free airtime to talk about these outrageous charges against Ms. Abedin. That is exactly what she wants, but she is so incoherent that no useful information would come of it.

July 19, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
      • Armando

I think she has a good shot of being in the top 3 in Iowa. However, that's not going to be the key. Everyone expects her to do well there. Let's see how well her mesagse resonates in the south, particularly South Carolina and Florida. Good showings there and she has a real chance.Dump Um Out

July 31, 2012 at 8:13 pm |
  76. John

So I listen to Steny Hoyer and he and the President and the rest of the Democrats including you Wolf beleive the way to stimulate the economy is to have more folks on unemployment and more folks on food stamps. Can you tell me with this and the fact that now the President says getting a massage and sleeping is work under the new Welfare rules how could you possibly say this President does not want an entitlement society otherwise known as European Socialism. Betya Roland, Donna and Don are going to say this is racist because their entire lives revolve around racism and how can we paint Mr. Obama`s opponents as racist.

July 19, 2012 at 1:04 am |
    • DAVE PHILLIPS

TO ANY ONE – SOME ONE – 'in a position of power' to influence "THE POWERS THAT BE" – From Dec., '05 until Jan., '09 I was a VA homeless outreach worker @ V-A in West LA, CA! ** Fully 18 months of that time was as an AMERI-CORPS volunteer, which 'educational stipends' were used to twice re-pay student loans for a second masters degree – of long standing – while teaching seniors at UNLV in a life-long learning program! ** LAWYERS 'for [arguably!] 'plaintiffs' in a class action vs. Trans-Union Credit Bureau and CITI-BANK, conspired to deny successful plaintiffs our court award in that class action! ** Having endured 28 US Senate and Congressional investigation, vivists with THREE State Governors and TWO states' attorneys general - "NOTHING CAN BE DONE – It's a Federal Issue" in multiple parts! ** MUCH OF IT IS in the form of delayed V-A benefits, back pay, 'damages' for 'wrongful termination – without cause'! ** In MAY, 2011 – "VETERANS SUED THE V_A for benefits – previously approved by many prior Sessions of COngress and signed into law by many prior Presidents, dating to the Korean War [esp. a 1951 law which was INTENDED (!) to ensure "NO VETERAN SHOULD EVER LIVE IN POVERTY - having served honorably on active duty, in wartime - overseas"! ** The OBMAA Admiinstration is given to much talk, but damned little "clickety clack 0- to back up a constant tream of yackity yak! *** VETERANS CAN NOT AWAIT the tenuous outcomes from November - General Elections for a positive response from Government Organizations -- such as the V-A and The White House Staff ['policy czars'] – who have been already FUNDED to provide & then deliver these mandated services! -30-

July 19, 2012 at 10:39 am |
      • Nina

All these liberal, sulopsedpy big-hearted, open-minded Americans hating a person because of their religion.I don't think many liberals hate Romney because of his religion. In fact, I suspect far more conservatives hate Romney for his religion, because so many conservatives are evangelical anti-LDS types. Liberals refuse to support Romney (which is quite different from hating him, as you suggest) because of his draconian, anti-constitutional, bigotry, not to mention his seeming insistance on making the same mistakes as George W. Bush, only bigger (i.e., double Guantanamo! ).

October 13, 2012 at 12:39 am |
  77. Illumination

Why hasn't CNN reported that Mitt Romney failed to include the required Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts(FBAR) which is required to be attached to his 2010 tax returns? What are you helping him hide. Also, why hasn't CNN reported that Romney's biggest contributor, Sheldon Adelson($36 million), has ties to the Chinese mob and that Sen. John McCain expressed concern that Adelson's contributions originated with the Chinese mob? Also, why hasn't CNN reported that Romney outsourced the uniforms of the 2002 Olympic torch bearers to Burma?

July 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  78. Alex

Is it likely that Congress will renew the assault weapons ban?

July 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  79. dancing around

Please be fair. Do not talk about Romney 'dancing around' his showing his tax returns without ALSO saying like Obama 'danced around' his birth certificate. Pick on BOTH candidates – not just one of them because he is not the incumbent. They BOTH have plenty of 'baggage' to reveal.

July 18, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  80. Kelly

Wolf,

As a teacher in a very diverse school in Virginia, I have observed that if you want answers to tough questions...just ask the young! I have the privilege of teaching some of the brightest young minds from all ethnicities and they have excellent solutions to move America forward.

When watching Romney’s NAACP speech, I was very saddened by his understanding of the public school system, his commentary/blame on teachers in general, failing African American students. I believe President Obama and Mr. Duncan can overhaul the system for a brighter future, especially in mathematics and science.

I would like President Obama to participate in town hall meetings prior to November bringing young people together and asking for their thoughts for a brighter future. He rallied them before he was elected, and he can do it again. He will get answers and solutions to help the young people prosper and make a positive contribution in America. I've found that everyone benefits from diversity. Last note: Mayor Bloomberg got it right with his ideas for immigration in our country.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in an issue near and dear to my heart.

Warmest regards,

Kelly

July 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  81. Jeff Klomstad

Wolf, If Mitt Romney was not in charge of Bain in 1999-2001 then who was? All he has to give us is a name and we can ask that person what they did.

July 18, 2012 at 1:43 am |
  82. John

Hey Wolf I own a small lawn care company and yesterday I got home tired, full of sweat and dirty and I`m wondering who in the goverment should I call before I start work topday and thank them for my sucess since I had nothing to do with it?

July 18, 2012 at 1:20 am |
    • Illumination

Congratulation on your success. Bet you made your mother proud and Mitt Romney jealous.

July 18, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
      • maineiacle

Haven't you noticed. CNN is avoiding that topic. They still have months of Bain to talk about. MSNBC LITE, aye Wolfe?

July 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm |
  83. ELD

All the Republicans in the House are obstructionist-just to stick it to Obama. But that type of ecil tactic won't work in November. Obama will be re-elected! Why are the men soooo jealous of Obama? You can just see the hatred and jealousy in their eyes. Could it be that he is president and they are not?

July 17, 2012 at 7:25 pm |
    • maineiacle

Once again in some eyes everything is one sided. As an Independent I've noticed the RNC Fillibuster like crazy as well as the DNC. But the winner is............Drum roll please. THE WISCONSIN 14!! Cowardly to the core. And it appears the citizens of the state told them as much with a failed recall vote.

Point being, GLASS HOUSES. Can't cheer for one and call the other names.When both do the same thing.

July 18, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
  84. norman

Wolf:
    The one smoking is Sununu.
    Romney has something to hide. Otherwise he would like past presidents make his taxes public.
    The Irs only sees what he shows them.
    How do you suppose he made 200 million in such a short time.
    Wolf washington and wall street are corrupt crooked and attract more crooks.
    why would a lawyer making all that money give it up to go to congress.

July 17, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
    • r.doner

The IRS has all Romney's tax records and apparently has no problems with them, so why do you and many others? Do you not trust the IRS? We should be more interested in Obama's wealth which was minimal when he took office and now less than 4 years later he is a mult-millionaire. One thing that Romney cannot be accused of is wanting to become president so that he can become wealthy.

July 17, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
    • Kritjanit

I think Bachmann will surprise alot of pploee coming out of the gate in Iowa and I also think she can raise enough money to sustain a campaign as long as she wants to be in the race. If she is top3 in Iowa watch out cause she will be bringing it the rest of the way.

July 31, 2012 at 9:07 pm |
  85. Paul H. Burns

John Sununu's remarks during Wolf Blitzer's interview revealedl a near-hysterical irrationality that is becoming the hallmark of Republican "discourse". He raved on and on about the President being un-American, a socialist, anti-business, etc. (while getting no credit for saving the U.S. auto industry and creating 4 million jobs) yet blamed HOMEOWNERS in the wake of the Bush-caused Great Recession. This is an absolutely ludicrous double standard. It's hard to imagine a more mentally unbalanced, distorted Republican spokesman.than John Sununu.

July 17, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
    • norman

You are right on.
      Obama is no angel .
      If one looks at the stimulus money spent since 08 you find it
      went to bail out the banks
      bail out wall street.
      and then the ultra rich got hold of all of it.
      not one dime went to help amin street.
      I would bet Romney got a hold of a lot of it.

July 17, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
      • BCJ

Norman you have that wrong the former president bail out the banks and to big to fail companies, The present president bailed outed auto companies and gave some money to green jobs start ups now they have not materialize but I feel he did a good job. After watching the interview with speaker Boehner and Wolf my question would be that jobs are the key right, Then pass the keystone pipeline and the American jobs act, Keep the tax cut for the 98% and raise taxes on the 2% then the problem will be solve. But that is to much wishful thinking.

July 19, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • norman

You are right on.
      Obama is no angel .
      If one looks at the stimulus money spent since 08 you find it
      went to bail out the banks
      bail out wall street.
      and then the ultra rich got hold of all of it.
      not one dime went to help main street.
      I would bet Romney got a hold of a lot of it.

July 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
  86. Richard Broderick, Jr.

Many years ago this country was much less well off, but we could still build bridges and roads, we could have good schools, we could take care of sick people and the old, and we could even look forward to doing better, bigger things, even going to the moon. It was an upward path.

Yet, even though as a country we are much more wealthy, even though we have knowledge and technology far exceeding what we used to have and, even though our workers produce far more per person than ever before, we are told that we can no longer do the great things we used to. We are told our government can only take from the middle class, that we can no longer afford the things we want and need as a country and that the American middle class has to work harder for less.

All of this we sacrifice for the Reagan/Bush/Romney/Ryan Republican party’s one true goal: more and more tax breaks for the rich. It’s a downward path.

July 17, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
    • Wisnu

Good question. Honestly I think it is way to early to ddeice. Too much will change between now and then. But then I suppose that is what gives us something to write about.

July 31, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
  87. ps44

Wolf, I just watch you run Romney's speech today, trashing the President and was amazed that you didn't say the comments from Romney were out of context- – -I thought you were a balanced newsperson, not just a republican pushing lies.

July 17, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  88. djhtex

Blitzer certainly has a way of slanting his work toward the liberal's for sure. As far as he is concerned Obama can do nothing wrong.
    I can remember back when CNN was fair and balanced in their reporting. Back a LONG time ago.
    Why did they change??????????

July 17, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • seldent

This is why fans have been leaving in droves. I go back and forth BUT when Wolf called the Sikh killer a "right-winged" Neo-Natzi killer, that was it. THERE was no examples of this KILLER being "right-winged" AND CNN was the ONLY Channel that said that. I'm right-winged BUT I am NOT a neo-natzi OR a killer.
      America needs to wake up, We are Broke! NObama wants to continue the spending where the boots on the ground maybe the Chinese wanting their money back. Oh, and we'll have to fight ouselves b/c he's dismantling the Military.
      Wake up, America- medicare is broke in 12 years AND we are broke in 2! GET IT! You do!

August 13, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  89. John

Wolf why don`t you try to broker a deal/ Romney release his tax returns and Obama release his college transcripts and the info on Fast and Furious. Bet it won`t happen because Obama was responsible for Fast and Furious and Brian Terry`s death and his grades might reflect his drug use and Marxist theology in college.

July 17, 2012 at 5:20 am |
  90. Jeff Tautges

Wolf: I heard on CNN tonight that NASA's 2013 budget will be cut by 20%. The question I have that you may be able to find an answer for is, if we can have State lotteries to fund things like education, why can't we have lotteries to fund or supplement NASA projects and other projects we have to cut do to budget constraints? Apparently Americans spend more than $57,000,000,000.00 each year on lotteries. So, it would appear that they are, at least, very receptive to funding things in this manner.
    Thanks
    Jeff Tautges

July 16, 2012 at 8:03 pm |
  91. Griff

"You do not speak fluent french, so why all the big talk about what the USA is doing??? What you really mean is 'What the US allies are doing!"

July 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
  92. Alex

Could President Obama be the first presidential candidate to win all 50 states?

July 16, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
  93. Mercy

People in glass houses should not throw stones. If Romney is going to show us his Tax Return, Obama should also show us his; from the time he has been in politics as Illinois Congressman, State Senator, US Senator and as our President. He should also show us his records as well. Especially his first 3yrs as our president, since at this time, Democrats were majority in the house.

He should also tell us, if he truly cares so much about America why he did not repeal Bush's tax cut for the wealthy, when he repealed Clinton's "don't ask don't tell," which is not affecting our economy in anyway.

And if he is in touch with the American people, as he claims, why does he take his vacations at Martha's Vineyard etc, and his children are in elite private school in Washington. Also he should tell us how much his house in Chicago cost.

Because he is so quick at attacking others, when he is not different. He did the same to Hillary Clinton is 2008 and raised more money than any Presidential Candidate in the history of this country. He lies that Romney is outspending him, when in actual fact, he is outspending Romney. Because he knows that the media are afraid to say anything against him, so they would not be called racist. He got away with his attack on Hillary Clinton in 2008, why wont' he use the same tactics this time around.

Romney made his money from hard work and not from politics as Obama did and still do. This I believe should be good for us, because he won't be an opportunist like Obama , or Bush who wants more and never had enough.

July 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
  94. Mercy

Is there any proof, that Romney is outsourced jobs? And is there anything to show that Obama has done something about the outsourced jobs to bring them back?

I know Obama likes to play dirty Chicago politics. Instead of talking about his records, because he does not have any good record, he uses negative campaigns and ads to get elected and make promises he knows he does not have the experience to fulfill.

July 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
  95. Duane Schuh

You just mentioned (on your tv program) that the stock market is so much better with Obama at the helm. Maybe Obama has had a lot of help from the Fed. The phony money being printed since "09" keeps the market strong and cd rates & etc. at zero! Not too difficult to figure out!

July 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm |
  96. Griff

"When you dod everything you can to break a bank, people invest in the other. Is that the way Obama's Muslims are seeking to run the world?? So Obama's relatives in the middle east created so much termoil in Europe, you think because things are no unsure, but Europe will deal with it, whereas you are so disalusioned will never have an answer.
    China is taking, and taking your business, whereas China is looking to Africa and Europe.
    "Wolfe it would take many weeks to explain to you my POV, but you would still read your own papers first. You're like I was in England under Lizzie and her BBC. But now I'm here I see so much, because I support no 'one' nation."

July 16, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
  97. LYK

In reference to Romney and Bain – If a CEO on record is getting a regular salary, is on the board then he/she is responsible for all the actions, good or bad, for the entity. It does not matter if he/she is physically there, involved with other businesses or anything else.
    Please check with your legal experts. Thanks

July 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
    • Alw

I agree with you 100%. Why are so many news anchors and commentators are trying to defend Romney? I never witness them trying to defend President Obama. We all realize that when we sign most legal documents. We do under the penalty of perjury. Now can you imagine what Fox news and the republican smear machine would say if this was Obama? Also, the republicans can make the most disparaging remarks imaginable, including calling the President a liar, without any repercussions and no one ask them to apologize.

MIT Romney should have stopped sign legal documents if he was not representing the truth. If these were stamp signatures I might give him the benefit of the doubt. If, on the other hand, he actually signed the document

July 17, 2012 at 8:45 am |
  98. Mkat2

Every time I hear a CNN commentator continually make their biased, insidious comments to and about Gov. Romney, I make another donation to his campaign. I am a registered Independent, but, am so vehemently sickened by the gutter politics taking place! I am embarrassed for myself to have to admit I was a Democrat for 25 years. So.......Gov.Romney is rich... SO WHAT?! At least he's a 'gentleman'!

July 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm |
  99. Pat

What a disgusting interview by your reporter with Mitt Romney. When are you people going to quit crucifying this man just because he is a successful businessman who happens to have money. HE IS A RESPECTFUL FAMILY MAN WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE A WEALTHY. IS THAT A CRIME NOW IN THIS COUNTRY? I DON'T THINK SO!! GET OFF OF THIS MAN'S BACK AND GET ON WITH THE ISSUE OF ELECTING A PRESIDENT WHO CAN MAKE THIS COUNTRY WHAT IT USED TO BE. Why don't you attack OBAMA as you have this FINE MAN WHO'S ONLY INTEREST IS TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY!!!

July 14, 2012 at 12:24 am |
  100. kathy zeller

If a young person who has a high school diploma wants to join the Military, that person only has to score a 31 on the ASVAB test. When a young person has a GED want to join the military that person must score a 50. Why? The President in his speach on the new immigration stated that he knew of a undocumented person in the U.S. Military. Now how did that person get in with the needed documentes? Is the military discriminating against a young person who obtained a GED and did not becoming another statistic of a failed school ststem.

July 13, 2012 at 7:57 pm |