Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

November 21st, 2011

Rice "confused" by Cain

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice says she's "confused" by Herman Cain's comment that Taliban are in Libya.

Filed under: 2012 election • Herman Cain • Libya
  1. Lisa Moore

I cannot vote for someone who has so much confusion that he actually believes he has an ethical character.
    I cannot imagine what damage Herman Cain could cause in the foreign policy arena. He is dangerous in believing he can run for president and be a liar at the same time although it has happened throughout history, sadly enough.

November 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
  2. sortakinda

Rice is confused by elevators: "If I push the DOWN button on the third floor, but the elveator is in the lobby, how will it know I want to go down? Won't it have to go UP so I can go DOWN?"

November 28, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  3. sortakinda

Rice confused by Cain: "If I ordered a round pie, how come I got square one?"

November 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
  4. Frank25

Rice is confused about Cain. I am confused as to what she is doing at the U.N. Somehow U.S. is financing over one fourth of their operating expenses, and majority of 190 (plus or minus) countries vote against U.S. And our president spent so much time bending knees and kissing rings in other countries, he has run down to only talking jobs, jobs, jobs, and producing none except in government. I can't afford him or the administration being a senior, retired military, citizen who received no Cost of Living in past 3 years 2009, 2010, 2011, and only getting small increase in Social Security, and my military pension. At 82, with health problems, I vote unaffiliated. Both major parties left me around 2006 when both could not spend enough, taking it away for retired. At least Republicans are talking about their ideas. When will Democrats talk about ideas, instead of blaming Bush and all prior presidents.

November 23, 2011 at 5:58 pm |
    • Natalie Fowora

They call your benefits that you earned, as most people have. entitlements. Republicans are not in favor of ANY entitlements. Please realize who is in your corner. The REPUBLICANS have stop your cost of living adjustments. They don't think you are entitled to one. Why don't you check their records. Get people to join you in the complaint. Make it a We the People on Whitehouse,gov.

November 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  5. Griff

"You know the answer??? If there had been a Republican in the white House ther super committee swlould not haver been needed. It's Obama who wants to pass the buck!"

November 22, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
    • Natalie Fowora

Griff, It's NOT pass the BUCK but live as one. Concern for others sharing the load. Are we looking for a dictator? The REPUBLICANS are suppose to CARE about AMERICANS. ALL americans, NOT JUST SOME.

November 26, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
  6. Griff

"Why are Republicans supporting this Guy Cain ??? Coulcd it be because they are so sick of Obama they're thinking back just the last term. So they chose the Black Guy!! It does not matter to them which Republican wins, so long as Obama is off the scene!"

November 22, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  7. Diana

We don't need more politicians – we need statesmen – something we have been lacking for a long time.

November 22, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
  8. Dan Kash

I think this incoherent babbling by this candidate as of late will doom his any chance of being our next president. One at a time these wannabees show their ineptness to be our next president by opening their mouth! The only one smart enough to keep their mouth shut and keep us guessing in Romney!

Dan K Owens Cross Roads, Alabama!

November 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  9. Doug

I am Glad God told Herm to run for President. Herm is a treat, and we have just begun to get to know him. I can't wait till he really snaps. Doug. pepperell, MA.

November 22, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  10. Griff

"The USA is confused today! It started with Barack Obama, and his oil giants bid to get him elected in 2008. Now it's Cain, who killed his own ability, long ago. Obama has to go whatever the cost, just so the world bank can relax from his continued greed! The courts will look after cain just has it will deal with obama, but if the Democrats want to even stand a chance in 2012 of even saving the party, then Obama should resign within the next month; at least before Spring!"

November 21, 2011 at 6:37 pm |
    • elle

Newts 77 ethical violations whiile speaker of the house seems to say a lot for me. Mitt I like, Perry and Cain are just getting in the way.

December 1, 2011 at 1:17 am |
  11. Duane Spencer

With the failure of the super committee to reach a deal, has only increased my desire to vote out all the elected officials currently in office.

November 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  12. Jim Thomas

Just another confused politican,like what is new.Someday soon,hopefully we will have a complete group of politicans in all cities,counties,states,and federal.WE NEED THEM NOW.Jim Thomas Phx.Az.

November 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm |