Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

Your questions for Wolf Blitzer
October 29th, 2011

Your questions for Wolf Blitzer

Here’s your chance to step into “The Situation Room.” Would you like to interview Wolf Blitzer? How did he get his start? What is his take on the current crop of presidential candidates? And what's with the beard, anyway?

Post your question for Wolf on video to CNN iReport here (please keep it under 15 seconds long). Upload the video by Monday, October 31, and you could see Wolf’s answers soon on CNN.com!

SUBMIT VIDEO HERE

Filed under: Wolf Blitzer
  1. Nick Rudovic

Mr. Blitzer,
    I watch CNN and your show "Situation Room" daily. You are great, your report is fair and accurate. This afternoon
    I was watching a piece of the news from downtown Manhattan,NYC and your reporter was saying that there is no
    power in the area from 34th Street or so and the subway system is down and people have no way of commuting.
    And yet mayor M.Bloombrg and governor A. Cuomo are praising themselves how much they are doing for the people
    that are affected by SANDY. Some two hospitals are being evacuated because of generator failure or perhaps no
    generator at all. Well, The State, Local or Federal officials should not take credit for it because the Insurance companies
    pay for those expenses. Mr. Mayor where are the city busses? if Subway system is shut bring out the busses and
    transport people to where they need to go. If there is no electricity in lower Manhattan and your hospitals are shutting
    down than what is the reason for people to go there? You opened the bridges but no INBOUND allowed with less then
    three (3) passangers in the car except the George Washington Bridge. What kind of help is that to New Yorkers?
    Mayors only concern seems to be draining the tunnels and subways so the city can start collecting money soon.
    I don't live in New York City but I have pitty for New york City residents that pay a lot of money in taxes and get very
    little in return especially in events like this.

October 31, 2012 at 8:00 pm |
  2. jerry zwecher

Today cnn contributor Paul Begala said there are more intellegent people on the podium than Rick Perry. I'm not debating that point. What I wonder is why isn't a candidate's poll numbers directly proportional to his intelligence? Are the American voters allergic to intelligence?

November 10, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  3. jerry zwecher

Even before this sexual harrasment scandal I didn't have much praise for Herman Cain. He parrots catchty phrases and tries to explain things with no analysis. The philosophy is if you repeat BOLDERDASH often enough it starts to get believed and confused with the truth. My complaint about "Hermy" is that he carries himself like a schmuck and doesn't seem to understand the relationship of cause and effect. Be honest , do you really call this presidential materiial?
    After seeing people like Sarah Palin and Herman Cain we should start a new TV show called "America's Got Mental Midgets. After seeing them and the "Witch" from Delaware (Christine O'Donnell) I'm almost feel I'm qualified to go to congress.

November 8, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
  4. Perk

Does a police officer need a search warrent before a tracking devise goes on your car to be followed ? Yes ! What are they thinking put in our American street lamps to watch and listen to us and heard that on Coast to Coast Radio ? Was that a joke ? How much is FEMA costing American Tax payers and are they getting to invasive of an American citizens privacy and to over bearing in govt. control ? Selling Safety and Fear to the Home of The Brave ! Not working when it steps on our US Constitution and privacy . Most Americans want to be notified of an emergency but they seem to get carried away and the next thing ya know ,there goes your privacy as a citizen. Explain what's going on with the Emergency Alert National Testing Nov. 9th and how invasive is the technology to an American citizens privacy ?

November 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
  5. Perk

Do you believe in the Home of the Brave in the USA ?

November 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
  6. Perk

Not to include the new personal localized Alerting Network which is designed to send TEXT MESSAGE alerts to mobile devices ? Is the US citizens privacy being invaded by FEMA and the FCC ? NOV 9th Emergency Testing Nationwide for the first time and would like to know more. Coast to Coast Radio Station is on it and things are being discussed that are privacy invasive and concerning in reference to this Emergency Test. Is FEMA and the current administration supporting Marshall Law in states across the US and the invasion of a US citizens privacy ?

November 8, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
  7. Dorothy Pullen

Wolf, I am watching your interview with Gloria Allred on Sit Room tonight and I was horrified to hear you say something to the effect that "was it possible that Ms. Bialek could have given Herman Cain the impression that she was interested in something like that?" Shame on you Wolf Blitzer. As a woman who was raped many years ago AND who currently works for and with men, I can tell you that this kind of question is what perpetuates the notion that some women "ask for it". Let me be clear – a man in a position of power relative to a woman should never, ever engage in any sexual contact with that woman even if she "asks for it"!!! That's it. You have lost the respect of a loyal viewer.

November 7, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  8. Ken

Dr. Conrad Murray found Guilty but there were alot mentioned on how $$$ effected him making $150 a month. This is not true cause Doctors make much more that amount monthly. Their make is even over 300 – 400 K. p/m.
    This is a fact since I am in this business.
    Michael Jackson was an Addict too. Of course Dr. Conrad did other mistakes such not having all the facilities in case of emergency.

November 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  9. Ayesh Abu-Eid

Why are the News Media in America, including ur CNN, ignoring completely the Moslims celebrations in Mecca 6 million Haj, and in all the Moslim World the celebrations TODAY, November 6, 2011, for Eid Al Adha, equivalent to Christmas and Hanuka, and u never bring in or mention in ur Programs or News Cast!! u know moslims in the World count in billions!! and count millions in America, why not bring in their News!!

November 6, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  10. Dolphina

Regarding your interview with Condoleezza Rice, which aired in Asia on Sunday, Nov. 6, I would offer the following observation. Ms. Rice attempted several times to elaborate on her answers to your questions. It seems you were not really interested in her answers because you cut her off several times as she tried to speak. While I have never particularly been one of her big fans, I have always had respect for you until I saw that interview. If your questions are worth your time to ask, then they are also deserving of time for the interviewee's full answer.

November 6, 2011 at 4:47 am |
  11. greg uribe

Sorry but you should me on MSNBC...your comments regarding Obama are so one sided. Take the jobs numbers you reported this morning, how you see a rounding error as progress is beyond me, even Liberals did not see the positive you did. You did remark how bad it as before Obama, that is reporting?

November 4, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
  12. Scott mackeracher

You tend over emphize the obvious. I never ever seen so way right winged cable works disrespect a curent sitting President in all my life. You guys gave W a pass for 8 years.

October 31, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
  13. Max

Wolf,
    I love your show, have been a big fan of "Situation Room" ever since it began. I totally respect you as an awesome journalist who's trusted by 1000s of intellectuals around the world. I watched your show today in which a segment was dedicated to Syria's anti government demonstration. I am very happy to hear that they are getting a voice via CNN and I hope they'll get the much needed freedom that they are seeking. I do have one question though, I have read over news media talking about a huge rally by the supporters of the Syrian government, 1 million or so, but I have never heard anything about it on CNN. My question to you as a well respect journalist is: Is lack of such coverage by CNN intentional or simply such a rally had never happened?! I just hope it's not a case of bias coverage since we really don't like Bashar Al-Asad as the leader of that country!!! .

October 28, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
  14. Mike

Today's story about negotiating with terrorists concerns me. The fact that the Taliban is being represented in the media as a terrorist group, 10 years into the war in Afghanistan, represents a fundamental and deadly misunderstanding between terrorist and insurgent groups. The Taliban is an insurgency with the goal of regaining power in its own country; they have no demonstrated interest in conducting transnational attacks against US or Western interests. Negotiating with the Taliban, to include the Haqqani Network, is a necessary step in bringing the Afghanistan conflict to an acceptable end. To say negotiating with the Taliban and negotiating with terrorists are even similar concepts is simply false and misrepresents the entire conflict in that country.

October 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
  15. Franklin Long

I am tired of this dysfunctional congress, and I have no faith in this so called "Super Commitee". If they don't come up with a deal, the penalty should not be cuts to entitlements and the military, but to congress itself. Cut their budget, cut their salary, cut their staff, take away their vacations and days off, cut their benifits ( free lunches,Etc.). This will not only help to pay down the debt, but also give them incentive to compromise and get something done, Hit them where it hurts. If the penalty affects congress and not the american people, let's see how fast they get something done.

October 27, 2011 at 5:20 am |
  16. jerry zwecher

My advise to the 99% who have a laundry list of legitimate complaints is to borrow a lesson from the british as far as limiting the amount of money that's is permitted to be spent on campaigns. Level the political playing field to curb excessive political spending by the wealthy which warps out democracy as you see in the news everyday.
    Carefully examine the British Law and see how it would help cure some of the inequities in the USA.
    Legislation to prevent excessive spending by electoral candidates in the United Kingdom
    has been in place since 1883. The UK’s system of regulating campaign financing focuses on
    limiting the expenditure of political parties and individual candidates, rather than
    limits on donations that can be received by these parties and individuals, combined with
    a transparent reporting system of donations received and election expenditure incurred .

to view the complete article

October 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
    • jim

I like the idea of uk's law, but how did it come into existence? Is that not like asking the wolf to remove the lamb chop from his mouth? Our politicians will NEVER do anything that limits their perks,un-accountability and so called way of life.

October 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
  17. Rob Dove

He who has the most money wins the election, then they're free to raise taxes, cut social security and 'occupy' the Whitehouse. btw, i drove by the Whitehouse the other night, every light in the house was on!!!

October 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • jerry zwecher

I would agree with you about having the most money is quite related to winning. That is why I posted my opinion as follows: The 99% should focus their efforts on changing the election finance laws.

England can teach us a lesson how to make a more level playing field in elections by changing the election finance laws:

Our democracy is not working because special interests have warped our
      democracy and the representatives are giving favoritism to special interests and this is the cure:

Introduction

Legislation to prevent excessive spending by electoral candidates in the UK has been in
      place since the Corrupt and Illegal Practices Prevention Act 1883.[1] The current law
      regarding campaign financing in the United Kingdom is contained in the Representation of
      the People Act 1983 (RPA) and the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000
      (PPERA). The UK’s system of regulating campaign financing focuses on limiting the
      expenditure of political parties and individual candidates, rather than limiting the
      donations that can be received by these parties and individuals.

There are three types of distinguishable regulated expenditure during a general election:
      “distinction is made between ‘campaign expenditure’ incurred to promote a party or its
      policies in general, ‘controlled expenditure’ incurred by registered third parties to
      promote parties or candidates, and ‘election expenditure’ incurred on promoting a
      specific candidate

October 31, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
  18. Rob Dove

I'm sure its common knowledge to most voters that taxes will inevitably go up, its been that way since i was born. I wonder why these presidential candidates avoid the subject of the middle east???

October 26, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  19. linda

Why is the news media only talking about Cain, Romney and Perry. What about Gingrich, Santorum and Huntsman? They are the most rational, experienced and come across as actually being presidential. I do not understand why they are not doing better in the polls and why they are not getting more attention.

October 26, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
  20. Luca Pacelli

Wolf I have a solution for the Housing Market where everyone benefits, who can I talk to?

October 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  21. Jim Thomas

How about a decent email address so I can send you a message.It would be appreciated.Jim Thomas Phx. Az.

October 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
  22. Doug

My question for Mr. Blitzer would be, how frustrated do you feel when you can't report the news, because you have been ordered by your bosses, not to speak about a certain subject, situation, or current news event? Doug. Pepperell, MA.

October 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
  23. Lance Franklin

Wolf,
    I am coming to Washington D C this weekend and would like to be on the set when you broadcast sometime next week.
    Is it possible to see CNN and see you live on the Situation Room

October 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  24. Dan Dinsmore

When are we going to hold accountable the crimes of the Bush Administration?

October 26, 2011 at 11:56 am |