Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

September 12th, 2011

Pawlenty endorses Romney

Former pres. candidate Tim Pawlenty explains why he is backing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for president.

RELATED STORY: Pawlenty: Romney's front-line defender

Filed under: 2012 election • Interviews • Mitt Romney • Tim Pawlenty
  1. eddie Jones

As a African American, Watching the Republican tea party debate was very sad. Last Night, I lost my respect for CNN as a bias network. Last night debate shows that racism will never go away and now it is getting rewarded by a media giant.

September 13, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
  2. jojomejojo

Dear Wolf. I have been a great fan of yours for many years and have great amount of respect for you. That it the reason I am writing you. During last nights debate, when Ron Paul was asked by you if the fictitious young man with no insurance should be allowed to die, a substantial number of the Tea Party attending whooped it up and yelled "let him die". I heard no objections from anyone or even any mention of it. Still today, I heard no one address that horrifying event . I certainly hope that you and your network will do so and soon.
    Thank you.

George Gral

September 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  3. Effie Kirk

I watched the debate last night. What happeend to questions about job's and issues that really matter to the people? Tired of the "politics" let's get to the issues. Stop playing games with the Americn people...we are not stupid. You are not reporting the news fairly no one is questioning these "canidates". They are spewing rhetoric and no one is calling them on the carpet for it. Are we sitting back watching Rome burn while playing the fiddle? I expect better from you, I expect better from CNN. THe GOP coverage was horrid!!!

September 13, 2011 at 11:04 am |
  4. Gretchen Everman

I seen parts of the republican debates. Perry said SS is a Ponzi scheme, well to me the government took, borrowed whatever from SS. How can we do away with it? People like me that are savers would be ok, but what about people who are not, then the government would have thousands of seniors on welfare. Why don't they up the $106,500.00 cap, and make the FICA 7.75% instead of the 7.65% it has been for years. That would generate lots of monies! It does not take that much education to get the monies that are needed. I also believe that 1500 billions not paying taxes, really hurts America!

Gretchen Everman

September 13, 2011 at 10:22 am |
  5. Kathy

Why would you not pursue the question about the 30 yr old who opted to not buy insurance and then get sick. I would like to know who they think should pay for his health care,after he made the choice to not purchase health care. And also why do i have to purchase car ins,if the candidates do not want the gov. telling people what they should do.

September 13, 2011 at 7:22 am |
  6. Larry Lawrence

Wolf,
    Are you a Tea Party member?
    I was so interested to find out that Republicans think Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. Let me out of it!

What did the Tea Party pay CNN for this coverage?

Larry

September 12, 2011 at 11:25 pm |
  7. Pat Kane

I work for a railroad, and in a union, I voted for President Obma, But I am disappointed in the direction this country is going. So I watched the Tea Party debate, My question would be When Wolf was asking the question about the man that needed a procedure to save his life SEVERAL in the crowd yelled out "LET HIM DIE" Really this is the party they want me to support? I DONT THINK SO!!!! P.S. 12 year old girls with mandantory vaccination, yea he is who I want to guide us out of the mess

September 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Anna Peters

Thank you for hosting a fair and informative republican presidential debate. Most mainstream media-sponsored republican debates resort to "gotcha" tactics, with questions designed to entrap and humiliate. I had given up on CNN due to its hyper-attention to republican flaws, and its whitewashing of democratic mistakes. After this debate, I will watch CNN again. Another reason I'll give CNN another "look" is your freedom project and your focus on the dire situation in North Korea. North Korea is one big concentration camp. We must shine light on this dark place.

September 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  9. violet love

ask her where got the info that President Obama was writing post dated checks for OBAMA CARE"?

September 12, 2011 at 9:35 pm |
  10. violet love

If your going to interview Michell Bachman, Make her tell the truth...These Tea Party People are going to
    tear this country apart..talk about a civil war..Does she make things up as she goes along?

September 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm |
  11. Thomas Sheffield

Instead of talking about SS and talk about MEDICARE. We have many years left in SS and MEDICARE is on life supports. Why not start your MEDICARE questions on the Dr.'s RX pad. Nothing moves without that RX pad. Maybe DR. PAUL can address that????

September 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  12. Greg, Ontario

Tim Pawlenty is doing that because he knows the country can't withstand another term of an ignorant, pushy, no brained Texan.

September 12, 2011 at 7:29 pm |