Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

BLITZER’S BLOG: My impressions of President Obama
August 17th, 2011

BLITZER’S BLOG: My impressions of President Obama

(CNN) - Like every president before him, Barack Obama has aged dramatically since taking office. It comes with the territory.

I’m back in Washington after three days in Iowa, including time with the president. We had an in-depth, on-camera interview. We also had a chance to chat off-camera. Let me share my impressions.

When we met Tuesday in Peosta, Iowa, I recalled sitting down with him at the Democratic Convention in Boston in 2004 when he gave the keynote address and at one of his final campaign rallies in Des Moines, Iowa, at the end of October 2008, only days before his election. I told the president I would post pictures of him in 2004, 2008 and now - so that everyone could get a flavor of how he’s aged.

Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with President Barack Obama

“Some people,” he told me, “some old friends who I have been seeing around here, have reminded me that when I was a young senator traveling through Iowa that I looked a little younger than I do now.”

That is certainly true. He recently turned 50.

He seems a bit slimmer, too, even though he likes to eat - including burgers, fries and other less than perfectly healthy meals. White House staffers tell me he does exercise every day, usually while he watches sports. It’s his opportunity to break away - even briefly - from the responsibilities and pressures of the job.

After the interview, many people asked me if he seemed nervous, tense or worried about getting re-elected.

The answer is no. He seemed quite confident that he would be re-elected. In fact, he flatly predicted he will be re-elected.

He said he loves being president. “It’s the greatest job on Earth,” he said.

The only time he really got emotional was when I asked him to tell me the worst part of his job.

“The worst part is when you are talking to a family member of a fallen soldier and you are hugging them. On the one hand, you hope that you’re making them feel a little bit better. At the same time, you are reminded of the incredible sacrifices that people are making for our country. And then, when you see sometimes our politics not living up to that level of commitment and patriotism that we see from our troops - that gets a little bit of frustration.”

He added, “For a mother or a father who’ve lost a loved one, that’s always the toughest thing about the job.”

One final note: Even though he largely took the high road in avoiding too much criticism of his potential GOP challengers, I got the sense that would certainly change once the Republicans firmed up their nominee and the 2012 race for the White House really gets going.

WATCH: Wolf Blitzer's interview with President Obama

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Wolf Blitzer
  1. Ima Mow Ron

He just bleeches his hair to get sympathy.
    This Kenyan communist is not done selling us to the Chinese.
    Then he will pass laws to make us all gay.
    FEMA concentrations camp will be next and computer chips
    implanted into your brain so they can find you anyplace.
    The end is coming.

August 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
    • CalmDown

are you for real? I mean seriously...

August 17, 2011 at 7:19 pm |
    • Not fooled

Let me guess-racist tea party birther.

August 18, 2011 at 4:17 am |
  2. Jack Martin

Can't wait for 2012. Rick Perry will kick Obama's stanky tail!!

August 17, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
    • Not fooled

Rick Perry -–Mad Cowboy Disease.

August 18, 2011 at 4:15 am |
  3. Chad

The only president who didn't age during his terms was Dubya Bush. He took so many vacations and hardly worked at all (I mean look at where we are now) that he practically looked younger after he finished his presidency.

August 17, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
  4. alex

Obumma ilike the captain of the titantic ,clueless as to his circumstances. Yea he will get re-elected not

August 17, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
  5. Oldie in TampaBay

One of the best Presidents we've ever had. ************OBAMA 2012**************

August 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • Not fooled

You are right! He sure beats that crook of a Republican governor you have in Florida. Like alot of the other crooked bought Republican governors who will be recalled. Florida should start a recall of governor Scott.

August 18, 2011 at 4:21 am |
  6. ArizonaYankee

Blitzer is a major disappointment as a journalist, news commentator. He clearly is in love with the clueless and not the country. IMO, he to is clueless...

August 17, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
  7. Rick

Wolf, did you too get a tingly sensation up your leg? Sounds like maybe you did!

August 17, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • Not fooled

Sounds like you did.

August 18, 2011 at 4:16 am |
  8. Michael Lee

You see what happened there

A Bright young man tries to do some good.....and he got snuffed out by the status quo

and when i say status quo i mean Old White Republicans from the south .

Tea Party smh.....they actually think they are a movement...Old people cant have movements...SORRY!!!
    your a movement to take us backwards into your time....but that time is over

August 17, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
  9. Dorian Gray

The Presidency isn't an easy job in the best of times. It ages people's appearance – as stress tends to do.

August 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
  10. CC

Obama 2012, we support you!!

August 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
  11. Anne Murphy

Obama/Biden 2012.

August 17, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
  12. Brian

Just goes to show you that he is just a man. For those of you wanting to blame Obama for everything, look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "self, why didn't I blame George W Bush for the same exact things" when you had the chance? The answer's obvious:)

August 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
  13. Maadmax

As always, another good job Wolf! You sometimes urk me in the questions you ask, but I do understand, that's the nature of the job. If only the Republicans will allow our President to do his job will this Nation of ours once again be a great one. I believe in the goals of our President and what his envision of America should be. What I can't understand is how Americans can be lead to believe otherwise, especially by those who are in this for just themselves. America needs to wake up, our problems can only become worst. Believe me, I'm taking names and I hope America is too of those Politicians who just serve for themselves. If there's one thing our President has taught us (or trying to teach us), is that you don't have to blow up at everything that's disliking to you, patients and compromising is not bad if the end result can still resolve the problem of make the situation better.

I too believe as our President he will have another term. What has he done at this point that has screwed the American people, NOTHING!. The way I see it, we’re all being screwed by those that oppose everything he’s trying to do to create a level playing field in the times we are living. Don’t the wealthy know (historically) they put themselves in jeopardy if they are the only ones left here in American? Why do they have to always feel it’s about them! Without the Middle Class the wealth would have nothing. They can screw us (the existing Middle Class) but they better start waking up, because our Children’s generation will not stand for it! Just look at where all the attention around the world is coming from, the young people!

The bottom line Wolf is not what our President has done for America so far, it’s what he’s being prevented to do, and you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Keep up the good work World in allowing the American people see our President for who and what he truly is, a human being whose has a love for his Country and all the American people who live in it.

August 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
    • Garyd2

The taliban republicans won't let him do his job, they want him to fail but in the meantime we all fail

Nothing good has ever come from the republican camp or should I say cave, they have been failures forever.

August 17, 2011 at 7:39 pm |
    • Wilson

Good job Maadmax!! The GOP and TEA PARTY,won't allow him to do his job.Southern white idiots!!!

August 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  14. Thomas Swaney

Democratic insiders know the truth about Barack Obama and the truth is that he is a very lazy president. His decisions takes too long because he is book smart, but can't make a decision. There has even been talk among his inner circle that somone else should run against him in the primaries to try and wake him up. Personally, I don't thinking waking him up will be a problem because he has always been a great campaigner.

August 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
  15. John Steel

This drivel is the best Blitzer can offer us? A mediocre journalist chatting with a mediocre politician.

August 17, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
  16. Rebecca Sommer

President Obama is such a class act and so smart that I have no hesitation in casting my vote for him in 2012.

August 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
  17. MJW

I am so so very proud of this president. I agree with him it does not matter what the naysayers do or say he will be re-elected. The otherside is showing so much ignorance, immaturity and downright hate for this president who has tried his best to work with them will backfire. I can't wait for the real debate to begin.

OBAMA-CARES!!!! We need that t-shirt.

August 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
  18. Jim Jensen in Chewelah, WA

It's a pleasure to listen to and read your comments. Thank you for your unfailing moderation and civility.

August 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  19. M-AZ

Obama 2012!

August 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  20. Tom

Blitzer is as in love with the clueless, career community organizer as every other uber, ultra, hard and far, far, far, far, far left, virulent, militant, hardline, fundamentalist, extremist, leftist political activist/lobbyist at Castro News Network.

August 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm |
    • BR

Tom, try your luck to be a president for one day and say whatever you want to say. Obama sure be re-elected and please don't get a heart attack!

August 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
    • Corey

Tom, get a grip. Take a breath and listen to yourself.

August 17, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • Mortamus

Maybe then its time to bring every service man home from every country and bring them home please

August 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
    • Liz

No doubt!

August 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
    • Avi Shlomo

Perhaps you should consider that This buffoon is an ex head of AIPAC. His intrest is not of America but that Of Israel. He has been propaganda implant on CNN since the first invasion of Iraq.

August 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • tj

@Tom I wish you peace in your very angry world. Anger, hate and untruths do not change facts.

August 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • Socialist

Socialism is coming to America! Now run for your life, move to Mexico or Canada now! LOL!

August 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • Knucklehead

You really should have that paranoia looked at...

August 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • Bigdawg

I can't read German! Could you please translate, Herr Goebbels?

August 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
    • dcase

Wow! Take a breath! Or maybe, turn off the radio and stop hating your fellow countrymen. Talk about a good little extremist. Wow!

August 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
    • Florida Voter

Hmm Tom, well that certainly sounds like a reasonable, well supported, justifiable opinion coming from an educated citizen based on observable facts and experience.

Or maybe not.

Hyperpartisanship sounds ridiculous and weakens one's case dramatically... regardless of which end of the political spectrum it comes from.

August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • mb2010a

You, sir, are insane. Please go waste your vote on what ever Republican the tea party pulls out of the woodwork. None of them can hold a candle to President Obama. Obama 2012. Clinton 2016 & 2020...

August 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
    • xjdavid

Obama is NOT an extreme leftist, and his so-called "socialist" ideas aren't all that different from the social welfare programs we've had in place for decades. I get so tired of hearing that taxing the rich means Obama is a socialist. Also, if Republicans are so afraid of "socialism" why did they vote down a measure aimed at making people personally responsible for having health insurance? NO, instead taxpayers have to tow the bill for people without any personal responsibilty for their own healthcare. I swear when I hear fear-mongering people call Obama a socialist it sounds like they either misinformed or outright lying.

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • Kurt

Speaking of clueless...

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • Joseph

Tom, you're the one that's clueless. Obama is to the right of Reagan. And if he's a "community organizer" while President of the US, then you are not part of the community.

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • IDEA

Don't be hateful . That makes you lose your control. Blitzer is just reported what he feels as a journalist not trying to give false information like Faux news

August 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
    • Right-wing paranoia

Tom, all I get from your baseless post is that you're good at thoring around political terms that you probably have no idea what they actually mean. For gosh sakes, man, ratchet down the rhetoric and paranoia. I have major issues with Obama myself, but he comes across as pretty reasonable compared to bleating goats like you.

August 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Kevin in Atlanta

Dude, what?

August 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • Porchnik

Pfft. Is that your best snark?

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm |
    • Chuck Hendrix, Jasper Ga

You might want to see a professional for your delusions.

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm |
    • Brad

Wow ... that fluff qualifies as "insights?"

August 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
    • billy davis

You should know what you're talking about before posting. Yes the POTUS was a community organizer in his 20's no different from folks that join the peace corps accept it's actually working in America. In case the truth escapes you the POTUS was also a State Senator, Constitutional Law Professor and US Senator. But the GOP likes to use lies an deceit because that's all they have.

August 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • thedr

Come on, Tom. Tell us what you really think. I suspect from the tone of your remarks that you don't.

August 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • paol

ah......ok.....?

August 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • Char

HAhahahah!!!! @Tom, oh, come ON, now, don't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think and where your politics REALLY are. You rightie tighties just cannot stand it when Obama is shown for the centrist he is. He disappoints the uber left as much as he disappoints you uber-Nazis. But nobody can deny that he is intelligent, educated, competent and decisive. Your Bushiepooper didn't get Bin Laden – remember? Glad you had a chance to air your dirty laundry here, though. Feel better? LOL!!!

August 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • jersvette

Real nice, I bet you really enjoy looking in mirror every day. The greatness of this country comes from its diversity and as amazing as this is that includes you.

August 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
    • james

This from a right wing tea bag ger that would rather dump the whole country into bankruptcy rather than have companies like GE actually pay taxes like the rest of us do – even Warren Buffett the richest man in the States admitted it was not correct that rich people paid a lot lower percentage of their income into taxes than ordinary wage earners.

August 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
    • MACT

Wow! Can I be there to watch when your head explodes?

August 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
    • Grant in San Diego

Does that apply to anyone who doesn't watch Fox News or disagrees with you?

August 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
    • Jaime

You forgot one adjective, Honest. Compared to other "Journalists" Wolf has more integrity than the whole Fox News Network. Just replace "Leftist" with "Right wing" and your diatribe would hold true.

August 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
    • elobogrande

You guy's really are lost without Beck's blackboard aren't you?

August 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
    • Paul McLeod

Tom, it is the right that clings to fundamentalist attitudes and beliefs, brought on by religion, race, economic status, what have you. Stop watching Faux News, you are rotting your brain.

August 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • Dannytelevision

lay off the double latte, turn on some cool jazz and chill out...you seem like a hot head

August 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • Sam A.

Hey halfwit,

Name one Liberal/progressive move that Obama has made since becoming president. I know, facts are a b!*ch but lets see some examples.

August 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
    • JLO

Thanks for the laugh "Tom"-I assume you work for "The Onion."

August 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
    • Leon

thank you Tom, You really need serious therapy which may not be available under the rock where you live.

August 17, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • evidencepls

School much?

August 17, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • Dale

Great name calling. Certainly makes me pay attention to your POV. Idiot.

August 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
    • Tom's Mom

Tom, you know if you read horror stories before bed you start to act a little funny. Go to sleep!

August 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
    • Obamanomics

You need to go to sleep and just eat yourself with your nonesense. For all you Obama haters out there... Obama is the greatest man to walk the Earth since... CHRIST! How do you like them apples?!?! LOL! RAGE ON THAT ONE. lol.

August 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
    • PatSJ

Tom, why do you think he is a liberal when most liberals think he's moderate. Is it because the right has moved so far to the right that Reagan would be considered a moderate now?

August 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
    • Patiat

Oh please. What are you, 12?

August 17, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
    • realitycheck

Tom, based on what I just read here in your post I would have to say you wouldn't know a left view from a right veiw if they came with signs painted on them.

August 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
    • Teresa

As a registered Independent. After 8 years of GWB I voted for someone I thought would turn things around. I am not ultra far, far,far to the left, but I am equally not ultra far, far, far to the right. I'm like a vast majority of VOTERS that look to see who is most to the middle. From what I've seen of the GOP prospects so far, it'll be an easy 4 more years of, what was that you called him? a community organizer. At least he has experience building something instead of tearing it apart the way his predecessor did.

August 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
    • jenn

wow, Tom, if he was that FAR left the dems would have overwhelmingly supported him on this debt/budget deal a few weeks ago. I am far from left or right, and even I can see that he wants to meet in the middle. For you to feel that stronly you are just as polarized on the other end of the spectrum as you are claiming he is on the other. Get off of your high horse like everyone else. You are likely someone who makes less than the 250K and wouldn't be taxed anymore and you likely in some way benefit from government expenditures, just like your tea party people do. Do the research!!!

August 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
    • MDaniels

That's a pretty absurd observation, considering most of us Commies are disappointed at how conservative and right wing he's turned out to be so far, relatively speaking. That said, of course we'll take him over any of the hysterical morons the GOP/Tea Baggers have to offer.

August 17, 2011 at 6:11 pm |
    • spongebob

Yet you come here to read and react to the black man don't you di
      tto head? More lies are waiting for you at fox. moron.

August 17, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
    • ricinsac

blah blah – yet not a word of truth or argument ... just blather. Ask yourself who made health insurance available to your under 26 year old child, who is making us less dependent upon oil through negotiating an agreement with the auto industry to that increases gas mileage significant – which should have been done years ago given the coming storm.

August 17, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
    • asdfasdfk

@Tom-obvious troll is obvious

August 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • Polymath

I always think "Communist News Network" but Castro works too ...

August 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm |
    • me

clearly not an exaggeration at all. you must be 100% right. Nothing you just wrote is over the top in any way at all...AT ALL. You are clearly a well balanced and intelligent individual, who looks at both sides of an argument and makes a rational decision. You are a pleasant person to speak with about politics. I, on the other hand, am a liar.

August 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm |
    • SAM

"Community organizer" It is the greatest job on earth other than being the President of the United States. He became a community organizer after graduating SUMA CUM LAUDE from Harvard Law School. He could have gone out and made serious income, but chose to serve his community. Where ever you are in your life right now which is no where, Obama had been there. Where he is right now you will never be. He will be re-elected so that he can continue to organize the american middle class and the poor like yourself.

August 17, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
    • havbrush

Blitzer is the clueless one. I'm always amazed that these media types always bring up the old canard that the current president has 'aged' dramatically since being in office. It's such a shallow, surface observation. Presidential candidates are mostly in their late 40s and 50s, which is when gray hair starts to emerge. "Duh . . did you get that, Wolf, and every other journalist who pulls this old cliche out of their too-lazy-to-come-up-with-something-original-brains?"

August 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
    • I ARE A GOP REAL GOOD!

What is it you're trolling for, Tom? Comments about what a moron you are? Do you really need reinforcement for that?

August 17, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
    • Menos

@ Tom - You're obviously a paragon of balanced judgment completely free of ideological idiocy and blind partisan bias. Don't think for a moment that you're any better than the extreme left wing at CNN that you have so much in common with. An extremist is an extremist. To arrive somewhere on the map of pragmatic political "truth" one simply needs to take your far right nonsense and mix it with the far left's bs to arrive somewhere near the center of the political spectrum. In that respect, your right wing polar opposite extreme relative to the left actually aids in the thesis, antithesis, and synthesis process towards sane politics and common sense policy discourse. Thank you for being a useful idiot.

August 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm |
  21. Ron

No need for him to be nervous, he will be reelected in 2012

August 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm |
    • Mark

Keep dreaming Ron. Looks like your government handout checks will stop after 2012.

August 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
    • JimiJoni

As long as he keeps talking, jobs or otherwise the stock market continues to tank. Given this 4 year track record the only thing I would think this man could get elected for would be the Chicago School District PTA or as some Community organizer. Good Luck – "NOPE"

August 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • DR

Not if Americans wake up, smell the coffee and relaze they elected an inexperienced, ill-prepared person to run our country and the results are exactly what we normal people expected. Obama has done little to nothing to change things. If I had voted for him, I would be boilng over with anger at his lack of leadership and the fact that he continued most of BUsh's policies. He is an ideologue, not a realist and it shows!

August 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
    • MB

Yeah, by the ivory tower elite, and clueless liberals. And illegal immigrants.

August 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • TED

Thank you Ron From Califorina.... You will Show us all on your Vote.

Looks like you need to get back to work.

August 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • JackLack

In a pigs eye, that is.

August 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
    • elobogrande

He'll be reelected...not because he's so good, but because of the Wacko's you guys are picking. I guess your God was only kidding when he wrote the ninth commandment....or was that only meant for Democrats?

August 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • tek

Not going to happen. People are finally waking up... Your turn is next.

August 17, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
    • Kevin

HaHa... HaHaHa... Can't stop laughing. He doesn't have a chance in hell of being re-elected. The people have seen the real Obama. His total lack of leadership; his failed economic policies and his high level of unemployment. He can't beat abyone now.

August 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
    • realitycheck

Exactly! Go Obama! 2012 none of the bozo's on the right can touch you.

August 17, 2011 at 6:02 pm |
    • Lisa

Easily.

August 17, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
    • ricinsac

YES !! let us hope so, by the grace of God, so will he be.

August 17, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  22. David D.

President Obama is a classy man and I'm glad he's in charge. He needs a plan for a balanced budget and a jobs plan, which might include serious housing relief, shifting some defense spending into infrastructure and education, and reducing incentives for CEO's to offshore jobs.

August 17, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
    • K from AZ

WoW! Please tell me, is your stupidity a natural talent or did you have to work at it?

August 17, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
    • Brian

I do think the solutions are pretty blatantly obvious, and it will require some serious heavy political lifting. Closing loopholes in the tax code that will in fact lower tax rates for everyone but the top 1%. Revenue generating. Lowering corporate taxes and getting businesses back on American soil. Why let the Swiss get the tax revenue for an American business while we get squat? The Infrastructure Bank. Will create thousands of private sector jobs while helping to generate private sector business. Oh and rebuild our infrastructure. Problem is that no one's going to be willing to do the heavy political lifting during an election.

August 17, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • seanster5977

David, he could start by firing his jobs czar. Immelt just offshore a division of GE to China. Have you observed any of the crap Oblama has done in the last 2.5 years? Classy? He is a classless jerk. Affraid to ever take responsibility and without a clue when it comes to resolving the issues of this country. And don't bring up Bush, as he has been gone almost 3 years.

August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • Polli

David,please tell which part of "We are out of money"You don't understand?Your fearless leader spend all of it.

August 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm |
      • GREENBELT

Polli, everyone knows that Bush and his bunch ran the economy off the cliff BEFORE Obama was elected. Get your timeline of facts right. Also, there was a SURPLUS at the end of Clinton's administration.
        Also, the Repugnicants (i.e. repugnant bunch) and the Tee Tee Partiers have stonwalled any compromise or cooperation.
        You are that kind of person who actually believes the BS coming out of the mouth of the Repugs.

August 17, 2011 at 6:38 pm |
    • Seola

He "needs" it? Did it never occur to you he should have already had it?

August 17, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
    • Seola

He needs a plan? Did it never occur to you he should've already had it?

August 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
    • Brett

If he was "classy" don't you think he should have been working on that in his first term? Do you seriously support this guy and want to give him another chance when all he has done in his first term is flush our country down the tubes?????

August 17, 2011 at 6:02 pm |
    • vr13

... and a debt crisis plan, and a social security reform plan, and an immigration plan... He'd better be creating some nice exit plan for himself.

August 17, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
      • Polymath

I think all of that is coming "next month" ...

August 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm |
    • devosays

Your the darndest fool ever to comment on here, reduce incentives for CEOs who offshore jobs???? are you that clueless you lefty obtuse moron? have you ever heard of corporate taxes you fool? that is why so many companies offshore jobs you idiot....

August 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm |
  23. babetoo

obama in 2012. he will be re-elected.

August 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  24. Good interview Wolf

Whether you agree or disagree with his policies (I happen to agree), you have to admire and respect Pres. Obama as a leader and statesman. He has consistently projected positivity, and has demonstrated reasoned and calm judgement. This is in stark contrast to the hysterical rantings, sheer demagogeury and shameless pandering of the tea-party beholden GOP'ers.

August 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
    • makak

Unfortunately there are too many people in this country who would never appreciate or admire anything about our president – even if he solved all the problems in the world!

August 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
    • JimiJoni

Boy did you drink too much of the cool-aide.

August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • dcase

Like!

August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • mb2010a

Totally agree...

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • Dennis

Positive and statesman??? He's the biggest American apologist this country has had since Jimmy Carter and he is perceived as weak around the world. Calm judgment??? How about not submitting any of his own plans for this country, including Obamacare, and putting everything in the hands of left wing loons like Pelosi and Reid. The Tea Party is yelling at the top of their lungs to stop a careening bus driven by Obama from hitting your child and you're angry because Obama looks good while driving the bus and the Tea Party appears hysterical. Pathetic.

August 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • DR

Was he stately when he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, a nation which oppresses its women, hangs gays and is intolerant of any other religoun? Or the Emperor of Japan who was then very embarassed since he cannot bow back? This guy would have apologized to Hitler himself! No American president should ever bow to anyone! He will not be re-elected if Americans open their eyes and see that he is making our country weaker by the day!

August 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • turkey

I recall a couple nuts on the left..
      Wiener....Grayson from FL?
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGX8Da4rN98&w=640&h=390]

August 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • Brett

Right, He has projected, let's see.... Im sorry, Im Sorry, Im Sorry, Im Sorry, Im Sorry, Im Sorry.. there is simply not enough room for the Im Sorry statements that he has made.

Just what has he done.. Please explain in detail so we will know what you are referring to... what has he accomplished.. putting the entire gulf coast out of work while he allowed his buddy George Soros and Petrobra to come in and drill while our people looks from afar... and on and on..... what has he done for this country and you personally??? I love to hear people praise him yet when you ask them why do you praise him and what has he done they can't come up with factual imformation.

August 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
    • OldPatriot

Statesman???? Surely you jest ... right?

August 17, 2011 at 6:25 pm |
  25. Norry Sponce

So the photos show minor aging over a span of seven years. Isn't that normal? I think we all look a little older than we did seven years ago, don't we?

August 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
    • Kevin

We all do age but presidents age much more quickly. Look at Bush in 2000 then 2008. Look at Clinton in 92 and 2000.

It's dramatic.

August 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • Knucklehead

Where are the pictures of Wolf? He's looked old for 20 years now...

August 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • jean2009

Three years this November.

August 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
    • realitycheck

No not me....then again Im in denial.

August 17, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
  26. HR

Where is the picture of Wolf kissing Obama's butt??? CNN continues to support this incompetent idiot who has proved beyond question that he is no leader and cares only for his self perpetuation through spending – spending and spending some more – wake up CNN show America that you made a big mistake supporting this idiot.

August 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm |
    • BR

HR, in Nov. 2012, you will see a millions of Americans kissing Obama's butt. Independents do not like Romney or the bush clone Perry.

August 17, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • jrc

Where is the picture of you kissing mines... Oh I found it...

August 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • Christine

The picture you are looking for does not exist. Your racist rant obscures your already limited vision. How ironic that you speak of spending since your good ole' George Bush Jr. charged that credit card to the limit and put us all in a bind. George never managed to find Bin Landen. Obama took care of that and is trying to clean up the mess left by your buddies from the last administration. Your memory is short, probably intentionally so. It must be difficult to think about the mess George Jr. left behind. Why don't you attribute any of this to him? After all, then you would have some credibility.

August 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • Knucklehead

How do you know he didn't pull us from the precipice with his spending? What do you think anyone else would have done? I have my own problems with Obama, but nobody voted for him to fix this situation. It fell on him. In fact, he had to meet with people before being inaugurated because the situation was so dire and Bush was on his way out. I suppose you could make the argument that he should have left everything be, but no one knows how that would have turned out and you be b!tching just the same...

August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • GABBY

You seem to be missing the "big picture". It is not up to one man to make things better. We have a much bigger problem with the way the Congress and the rest of government entities function. There is no longer true representation of what people really vote for. Popular vote on each line item, not packaged should be the way. Obama is trying to move things along, but the system will not allow it. Where are all the laws or incentives for green projects? Let me guess, most bills were killed. Please show some respect to our president. I believe he is trying.

August 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
    • dcase

So, you think just simply reporting what happens and not bashing him on a minute by minute basis is a show of support? CNN has an intelligent audience. If they didn't they would call him names like the guys you listen to do.

August 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • mb2010a

Tea party terrorist...Obama 2012. Clinton 2016 & 2020...

August 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • FoolKiller

It would be nice, but some are so vested in him now that they can't even admit the truth to themselves. Unfortunately it's not human nature to wake up one day and go "I've been stupid!". ESPECIALLY when you have been.

August 17, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Chuck Hendrix, Jasper Ga

You might want to seek professional help for your delusions and anger issues based in total nonsense. You might also want to actually try doing some research and see what the real problem is in relation to the problems plaguing our nation.

August 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • Annie

Then you're on the wrong site. Please, go back to fox news website!

August 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • elobogrande

After reading the comments from the teabaggers, I think Sarah and Michael make perfect leaders for them...Can't Understand Normal Thinking Syndrome.. Completely Crazy....Dumb like a fox...they can see the truth, but won't accept it. They will invent anything to make our president look bad. They're still upset over the intelligent people for Bush bashing. Can anybody define TREASON?

August 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
    • paol

Of course you would have rather seen Palin as VP, correct. What news sources does she read to keep up to date?

August 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • Char

@HR, if you think Obama is an 'incompetent idiot' that just shows that you yourself fill that description. But we even need your sort for something (although I haven't figured out what) and you are entitled to your idiocy and incompetence, so do enjoy!

August 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
    • PatSJ

Pleaee use some facts here. How much has he spent in the 2 1/2 years he's been in office and what has he spent on? And remember, he took office January 2009 and the Bush budget ended June 30, 2010.

August 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
      • KG

Ok clueless – Obama and his inept Democratic leadership in congress failed to even pass a budget last year. In addition, when he pushed the stimulus through, he baselined the money so the overall annual spending increased by another $800B. You call this like it is – someone who is articulate, probably good to go have a beer with, but doesn't have a clue on how to run a business or the US Economy. We are teetering on a full depression. Four more years of this ineptness sends this economy over the edge for a decade or longer. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

August 17, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
    • daddyscott_1999

Congress spends the money, dumba$$, and Obama does not own congress. You know damn well the unnecessary Iraq War is the largest irresponsible contribution to increased government spending and that's not his either. Obama has been trying to come up with solutions to our problems. What have YOU been doing?

August 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • CTE

Couldn't have said it better myself. You think OLD wolf spends his spare time reading these comments.. I hope so, because the vast majority tell the story of how these liberal "journalist" spend all their time kissing the lib prez butt.

August 17, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • ricinsac

Oh please ... consider what he has done – by providing expanded health and unemployment insurance he has helped many to cover the gap and enabled many to find new employment. By the way he is not a big egoist – he loves his wife and children, has their love, and is doing his best to help the least among us during these times of silly bipartisan charades and difficult economic challenges. If only he could dismantle the US war machines, then he would be a saint – now he is only close. My God bless him and his family from all evils.

August 17, 2011 at 6:26 pm |
  27. Reload

Impressions are meaningless. What is important are the numbers - unemployment, GDP, debt. And some letters - AA+. Obama has not kept a single promise and has failed in his leadership role. Community organizers don't make good presidents.

August 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm |
    • Tom

He promised to get Osama bin Laden. And he did.

August 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
      • Dennis

Takes credit for something he didn't do and blames everyone else but himself for things that he did do. Typical liberal or progressive or socialist or whatever you're calling yourself these days.

August 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
    • Brian

While the silver spooned, alcoholic Vietnam War dodger was just a smashing success over the previous eight years. Two unfunded wars, an unfunded Medicare program, squandered a budget surplus, helped promote economic policies to drive away US jobs to foreign countries, etc. Oh, and the guy who was on watch during the worst terror attack on US soil. And who helped orchestrate the worst housing collapse in US history by falling asleep at the Presidential wheel. Reload – all talk and no action.

August 17, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
    • Knucklehead

Right. This would have never happened if McCain/Palin had been elected. Country First!!!

August 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
    • Christine

Yeah, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson... all of those community organizers were just awful presidents. Whereas George W. who was a governor and organized a baseball team was just terrrific.

August 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
    • Florida Voter

Tell me: what promises have the Republican obstructionists kept, exactly? What happened to the laserlike focus on jobs that they had promised when campaigning? The only promise they appear to be keeping is their promise to do anything in their power to prevent Obama from succeeding.

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
    • mb2010a

Tea party terrorist...Obama 2012.

August 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Joseph

I wonder why that is. Could it be that the President doesn't make laws, and that Congress is de facto under Republican Control trying their best (by harming the economy) to be sure that Obama is a one term President? Read the S&P report if you haven't, and then try to understand it better than Michelle Bachmann.

Does it mean enough to YOU to destroy the United States just to defeat Obama?

August 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • dcase

neither do governors from texas

August 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Hey Loser

Hey Reload, you are a moron if you think those problems are a result of Obama. Not that I'm surprised an idiot who names himself reload would think that. I guess you think a US Senator getting shot should be made fun of in your lousy choice of names. I'm really tired of you right wing zealots trying so hard to forget why we are in this mess and hoping the public will forget along with you, but that will not happen. The recent Debt Ceiling debacle has reminded all to well what the Republicans are capable of and they won't forget at the polls.

August 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • Shiva

Reload, you are absolutely correct, actors and cheerleaders make better presidents – we've all seen how great they left the country after their terms.

August 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • Dave

There are 535 plus people (congress) responsible for the mess that we are in. One person can't do this much damage alone.

August 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
    • Capt Nemo

> unemployment, GDP, debt. And some letters – AA+. Obama has not kept a single promise and has failed in his leadership role.

Right, and the fact that 30 years of BS fiscal policy failed miserably just before he took office and that he is stuck with political opposition that sees "Just Say No" as a useful policy while the nation melts down, all that has nothing to do with it. right. have a nice day on whatever world it is you live on...

August 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • Sam A.

Community organizers might make GREAT presidents. But not the ones who have absolutely no back bone whatsoever.

August 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • JT

Wrong. He delivered on healthcare, on eliminating No Ask, No Tell and several other pledges. He's up against big business, racism and intolerance. Without him or a moderate Republican such as Huntsman or Pawlenty I fear we're headed for a society where races, religions and economic classes hate each other. That's the Tea Party message ... "If you're not like us then we hate you."

August 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
    • PatSJ

Facts please. List the promises he made and which ones he didn't keep.

August 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
    • ricinsac

just a minute – you overlook and fail to recognize his improvements to health care – and if the courts throw it out, then he can expand government sponsored health care – which I think he should have done from the get go ... but it will happen. No one should denigrate the need for health care for the least among us. Can't wait to see the change in pictures in 2015 vs 2020 – way to go Blitzer !!

August 17, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  28. mary

President Obama is a classy person! I would imagine if he should loose re-election (I don't think he will) he will be dissapointed but turn over the reins with genuine heart felt wishes to the winner. I think he has battled tremendious odds in spite of others thinking he is soft.. Look what he has had to put upo with.The republicans might say they are for improving condition in this country and creating jobs -blah-blah(what a joke!) Mitch Mc Connell stated at the beginning of the Obama presidency that the only mission for the republicans was making Obama a one term president. All the other bluster-even from the tea paty is all about that one mission...Thanks Wolf for the great interview.People like me who respect the President can't get enough of listening to what comes from Obama's heart . He will go down in history as a great president and George W will go down as the worst president..There are also a lot of us out here that even know Reagan was not a good president.. I have lived thru many. I voted for Obama based on his Christian testemony and I'm not the least bit sorry.

August 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
  29. NYC REPUB

Obama 2012!!!

August 17, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
  30. Jack

Wolf...Please post images of yourself over the past 7 years. We all age...

August 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
    • another

Not Wolf. He's always been old.

August 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
  31. Jeff

I'd like to see pictures of Wolf Blizter in 2004, 2008, and 2011 so we can who has aged better.

August 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
  32. M. Brown

Having the weight of the world on your shoulders most definately will age you. Obama is president during one of the worst times in our economy. Big business has stripped this country dry on the backs of the middle class. He stepped into an ongoing war on terror that has also drained the United States dry and let's not forget, everything he has tried to do for the betterment of our country, the Replublicans have shot down simply because they refuse to support ANYTHING proposed by this particular president even if it means the downfall of the United States. I'm sure he knew it would be this way yet he decided to take on the job anyway. Obama knew he would not be regarded like the previous presidents, yet he took this job anyway.

August 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  33. joesmith

too bad blitzer, and his aipac background doesn't want to see what the American people, and in Iowa conirmed, that the two leading straw vote getters; Baugman, and Ron Paul, accounted for 57% of the vote combined. Seems like the attention needs to be on Ron Paul, and Baugman, rather than what some money men want from the middle east..of course he is bought and paid for also..must have gone to school at Miami..

August 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  34. J-NW

Thanks, Wolf, for not taking cheap shots.
    It kills me how the GOP is constantly slamming Obama for the economy.. as if they weren't responsible. Obama inherited the worst recession of any US President since Roosevelt (just ask GOP/free market guru Alan Greespan). The whole world is in an economic funk, and each country's economy affects the other (i.e. import/export) yet the GOP says it's all Obama's fault.
    I personally wanted Bush to fail simply because he started an illegal war and his and Cheney's rhetoric concerning world domination was extremely worrisome.. I wanted Bush out because I didn't want WW3. The GOP wants Obama out because the people they really represent (the uber rich, only) want to prosper without paying their fair share (rape and pillage).
    They want Obama's head because he cares about the uininsured and the unemployed. They don't care about those less fortunate.. as Ebinizer Scrooge said "let the surplus population die off".
    Look up facism in the dictionary (something FOX News viewers apparently are not acquainted with). The GOP, through propaganda and furthering disparity between rich and poor, embody facism.
    One more thing.. Obama is a centrist. He offered the GOP the most significant cuts to 'entitlement' programs ever.. and the GOP didn't take it – Boener and McConnel wanted to but the Tea Party refused because they didn't want the Oil company's to pay the same tax that a gas station attendant pays. How ridiculous is that? Unfortunately, those loyal to GOP (i.e. by voting) rarely seek 'facts'. Instead, they tune into Rush and other propagandists and follow like sheep (i.e. remain painlfully ignorant).

August 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm |
  35. Skipca

Geez Wolf. Can you get your head any further up there?

August 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  36. Janet Thompson

I believe President Obama will be re-elected. I do not believe the GOP and the Tea Party will win as many seats as they predict. After their actions re raising the debt ceiling, it was abundantly clear they continue to place the entire tax burden on the middle class, reducing assistance to seniors, and to continue tax exemptions for the wealthy. We, the People are not stupid. Thank you.

August 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  37. Larry Gray

What a waste of text space – with all the problems in the world this is a "deep" as a "journalist can get?

August 17, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
  38. Looking Glass

Go Get em and have at em Barack Obama . . . This is the big game and you are the unsung!

August 17, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
  39. Stewart A. Swerdlow

Seems like a marketing interview to make him seem genuine. His actions say otherwise.

August 17, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  40. Jim Thomas

Does he feel guilty about not doing the job?I doubt it.He and his gang haven't done anything except screw our country up even more than the Bushes.Do we have anybody who is capable of doing the job besides traveling all over and wasting money?Jim Thomas Phx.Az.

August 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
  41. James

The President is confident that he will get reelected because there is no viable republican candidate out there. I hear potential solutions from the president, and I hear "No!", alongside a lack of solutions from republicans.

August 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
  42. jerome

You have a man crush on him, don't you Wolf? Go on, admit it.

August 17, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
  43. Burpee

Mr. Blitzer has two faces: one with the beard and one without the beard. Wolfe just conducted the interview for his ego and ratings. Wolfe is a bias reporter who leans to the right. Personally, I think Wolfe has not aged a bit. He has always looked like santa claus in a suit and tie.

August 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
  44. tony

Wolf, you and CNN are schills for Obama, thats not what a good reporter does.

August 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
  45. SarahSmart

I am glad he's confident. I am as well, especially since the creation of 'the tea party' Obama 2012!

August 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
  46. Jeff

It won't be too difficult for the President to take a diversion from the high-road. After all, current GOP front-runner Rick Perry executed at least three innocent men during the course of his governorship. Google Cameron Todd Willingham.

August 17, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
  47. Bob

I would expect that soft interview from Blitzer about his friend obama. Why are they making such a big deal about
    aging. Every president has, including obama. So what's the big deal. Is Blitzer trying to say obama is working hard
    and aging because of it. Except it, it comes with the territory. so get off thaa subject. Is obama that sure or that
    kocky that he will be re-elected. The polls say otherwise. Bilitzer and obama are on the same planet together.
    When obama stated last week that "There is nothing wrong with this country," I was convinced obama has lost touch
    with reality. Why didn't Blitzer ask him about that, or other pointed important questions. Because he's afraid to pu obama in a position where he would have to answer a difficult question, and we don't want to do tht do we Blitzer.
    CNN the most trusted name in news.....not.it is the most biased name in news.

August 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  48. Fred

He has every right to be cocky when it comes to being relected. Its him vs the ultra religious sideshow that is the GOP primary. He has the experience, education, and is way more grounded in his views than any of the opposition. This is an easy win for him.

August 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
  49. 2bits

A narcissist always thinks he is the best. Usually they are the worst.

August 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
  50. Heriberto Rodriguez

We're going to reelect him... Don't doubt it!

August 17, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
  51. Jeff Gordon

I saw most of the interview yesterday, I did not see the beginning few minutes. I thought what I saw was done well and there were no "softball" questions. There were some direct, pointed questions about key areas of interest by the American people, and I thought the responses by President Obama were sincere, honest, and well thought through.

August 17, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
  52. Eli

"If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-time proposition."
    -Barack Obama, February 2, 2009

August 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
  53. Dan

wow so insightful wolf.

August 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
  54. JOHN

President Obama is right. He WILL BE RE-ELECTED in 2012. Thank God!

August 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
  55. John Riggs

Maybe if the President didn't blame others we could get something done. He never has a plan, lacks leadership, and is shamefully inaccurate in blaming others. His up coming plan was created by John Boehner.

August 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  56. Vigla

I am very confident in the President's campaignng skills. He is still the same person that beat the Clinton machine and the first Democrat to win election with over 50% of the vote. To listen to the Republicans they make it sound like he squeaked by in the last election and it will be a slam dunk in 2012... Remember Bush won in 2000 by a few hundred votes in FL and lost the popular vote, yet he was re-elected partly because people were still upset about what happened in 2001. If there was no 9-11, Bush is defeated pretty easily.

The haters will hate and the crazies will still spew thier mis-informed view on the world, but Obama, once he starts talking to us again, will again inspire folks to believe in him and his mission. I can't wait.

August 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  57. Oz

Mr. Blitzer,
    To me other than the aging you talk about I dont see any other real impressions only stuff you guys discussed. If you are going to title a blog " YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF OBAMA" then you should stay true to that and actually give your impressions. Positive or negative, you have a lot of people that respect your reporting style however lately it seems like you are just going along with the main stream media instead of actually reporting. This blog is yet another example.
    I think Americans will enjoy watching your programming or reading your blogs if you go back to your own style of reporting instead of trying to win over the leadership in your organization.

August 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  58. phil bowman

Both of you need to step out of the controlled environment. He is history.....He is scared of the real world...even the Maxine Waters has written him off. Honestly we gave him a chance, he is just not President material.

August 17, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  59. Nelson Colorado Spring Co

STRESS take a toll on you in any job but being President is worst of all. Keep up the Good work President Obama that you're trying to do.

August 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
  60. Brian

That's also over a 7 year period from the age of 43 to the age of 50, a time when dramatic aging is normal. I don't think this is that out of the ordinary...

August 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
  61. Cody (D.C.)

Well, this was less than enlightening...

August 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm |
  62. Bobbie Stump

"He seemed quite confident that he would be re-elected. In fact, he flatly predicted he will be re-elected."

Hahahaha, that's hilarious!

August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  63. Merle Morrigan

thank you, Mr. President. The Tea Party (that took over the Republican party) has no one running that could touch your intelligence, compassion and political savvy. I wish you well. And you do well not to worry, You will be re-elected, just as you suspect.

August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  64. JayDeeT

President Obama is a rational, understanding, sane, and balanced person. Unlike his major GOP rivals, who are irrational, ignorant, shallow hate-mongers (Perry, Bachman, Palin, et al). However, the most unfortunate and distressing aspect of today's politics is the subtle, undertoe, pull of anti-black racism against the President. Fofr example, the so-called, Tea Party" is nothing more than middle-age and older right-wing Republican whites who have a serious problem with the President's skin color. This is not my opinion, it's a fact!! Listen very carefully to the words these bigots are using in their hateful attacks. And, then we all though that this kind of evil was behind us! Boy, what fools we've all been!

August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  65. larry

Wolf I read your blog but as I looked around the page I saw a couple of references to Newsmax.com. For CNN to have stories from that site is truly amazing. Newsmax is one of the most right wing conspiracy theory sites on the web. Just because it has "News" in it's title does not mean it's a news site.

August 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm |
  66. davey

wolf,

why not just climb up his arse...you know he has failed...so why ask the Important questions??? your a waste of time .

August 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm |
  67. Wolf Blitzer

This has to be the least in-depth article I've ever read. And that's saying something for CNN.

August 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  68. Rich

Wolf I am sure you got an impression from Obama and that is all well and good. I have issues with him for campaigning for 3 days in a bus made in Canada while the secret service rode in another one each costing over 2.2 million dollars while preaching jobs for America. That to me is hypocritical at best. His sincerity is suspect.

August 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  69. Casual Observer

did not know Wolff did impressions !!

August 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  70. ANYABASHA

OH, I am sure he did a mighty impressive job. I did not watch the interview or read the text of the interview. Probably because I could predict almost word for word what he would say. I grant you that he is charismatic and polished. He may very well be reelected due to the fact that the repubs cannot and will not run a moderate, fiscally responsible and charismatic challenger. Mainly because they can't find one who wants to run. The process is obscene. The choices limited to the best of the worst. What is astounding is that Obama seems to be on the new EVERY SINGLE DAY for one reason or another. I kinda like the guy, but he is a lousy president. I might even like him more if he would slap Pelosi and Reid along side the head with a 2×4. For the first time in my life I probably will not vote in the presidential election. I know all the arguments, but in fact it really doesn't matter to very much. Bad is bad no matter which way you slice it. From an optimist turned terrible cynic.

August 17, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
  71. Claudia, Houston, Tx

God bless our military men and women and their families, they give so much and ask for so little in return. God Bless them all.

August 17, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
  72. david

Who cares what Wolf thinks about the big O, everyone knows he's just a shill for the campaign. CNN should become CON (Cable Opinion Network). Fed up with all the fake news organizations telling us what we should think.

August 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm |
  73. I don't believe

As if Obama's really concerned about the soldiers or their family. YEAH, RIGHT! That's just another tactic of him getting more votes. He loves being a president because of all the parties and privileges (meeting celebrities, for instance) he's been having. The sad thing is that while he's partying, America is suffering. Where are the jobs that he promised? When will he raise minimum wage as he promised? Why all the cut backs in education, the civilian sector, and the military? How will he send our children to college as he promised? The only CHANGE I've seen are negative changes to our once great country!!

August 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
  74. Granger

Lying ages indiscriminately.

August 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
  75. Charles Ernest

Anyone except Obama in 2012 and I voted for Obama in 2008.

August 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
  76. Pastorspet

This was a very good interview by Wolf and President Obama. I pray that the congress and the senate will work with him, but if the Republican's continue to be obstinate and dogmatic I know that the Republican's will only be happy when President Obama is out of office and everyone in the US embraces the Republican agenda of rage and their agenda of the Rich get richer and everyone who doesn't accept this is branded as a socialist and can go to H**ll .

August 17, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  77. MattNAustin

You heard it here first people...I just watched that Dope Rick Perry announcing that he would have let the US default and that Global Warming doesn't exist but rather it is based on a bunch of manipulated data by Scientists...as if he even knows what a Scientist is.

I guess those same Scientists manipulated the data on my thermometer all summer because I am pretty sure we are on track for the hottest summer in history.

I think Rick Perry will do more for the Democratic Party in TX than he can even begin to know once Perry gets on the main stage and everyone will see what kind of radical Texans have been electing to run our state for the past decade. The pundits say it will be maybe 2016 before the Dems stand a chance in the recently traditionally red state, but with dumba$$ Rick Perry spouting off all the ignorance he's be spouting, I think Texans will finally wake up...or at least I pray!

August 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  78. sanders

I am a supporter of our President, and will vote for him again, I think he is doing a good job, with what he has to work with.

Maybe if the republicans, would stop hating, and start working for the tax payers, who pay their salaries, all of us would be better off.....When people work together, and not against each other, things do work out..........

peace out........

August 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  79. joe

What a softball interview. The economy is worse, unemployment higher, spending out of control and this is the pap you call objective news. No wonder people do not watch CNN

August 17, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
  80. Bobby Dobalina

If Obama is "frustrated" by the tone of today's politics he needs to remember he shares quite a bit of the blame.

August 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
  81. Anthony Heyward

He most certainly should be re-elected. He has done a hell of a lot of good in 2 and a half years and could have gotten more done if the party of no wouldn't stand in the way of every single idea he has. I hope that on January 20th, 2013 he steam roles those ba–stards and finishes what he started!

August 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
  82. GG

So what is Wolf's impression of Obama? This article says nothing.

August 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  83. humtake

I can give you Obama's responses to this article without even asking him!!
    Obama is skinny – "I blame the food"
    Obama looks older – "I blame time"
    Obama likes to exercise while watching sports – "I don't have to blame anyone but I will just because I like to blame everything on someone else...so I blame Ulysses S. Grant"

August 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  84. charlie

Obama said the hardest part of his job is talking to families of dead soldiers. Here's a tip on making your job easier. Stop having soldiers die. Do as you promised and end the wars in the middle east. Change? huh? The Bush Doctrine of attacking nations who had not attacked us lives on. Vote Ron Paul, bring the troops home.

August 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
  85. craig

I see Obama as a person who keeps moving forward no matter the opposition or the struggle. He has been in an absolute terrible economy since he took office and has not been given any, I mean (ANY) help from the opposition party, who from Day 1 said they aim to make him a 1 term President. He ran to bring this country together in 08', and we now see clearly how far people are willing to go to keep us apart. I'm proud of him as an American, and want to remind those who back him to look at the whole record while he's been President.Remember who saved the auto industry, got repayment from Wall street's bailout money, and of course got Bin Laden. He has worked hard for this country, and I can see him winning again in 2012.

August 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
  86. jane

GOD BLESS YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  87. sonny chapman

He'll do some punching. And boy do the Repubs. offer some easy targets. They're hyper-political putting Party before Country. I'm the grown-up. Thank you Tea Party

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  88. Tom Witmer

He took the high road with you largely because during his whole bus tour he's been bashing the Republicans.

August 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  89. Peter

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times"NEVER"
    Remember "Some where in Kenya a village is missing it's IDIOT"
    Peter

August 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
    • Not fooled

Peter -you from Kenya?

August 18, 2011 at 4:23 am |
  90. socalpimp

40 is younger than 50......so he has aged 10 years, no news there. He probably feels the stress of being in way over his head.

August 17, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  91. A Citizen

interview was not an interview at all. this was just a prelude to the incredible bias at CNN and how this media outlet will serve as a re-election tool for BO. Wolf, you really disappointed me. You are no journalist.

August 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
  92. buddha12

Why didn't Wolf ask him about the picture that the fallen soldiers had requested not be shot, but he had a publicity shot anyway, and had it put out to the world. He is full of BS when he talks about his feelings for our soldiers. If you interviewed him like a true journalist should, where were the hard questions? never happen with MSM and the "GOD".

August 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  93. Sunshine

First of all, I don't know of one person in my area who would re-elect Obam. He certainly is a good talker but does nothing. His ability to play psychology on people clearly shows he should be working at a University and not the White House. Obama has done nothing in 2 1/2 years. His obamacare will cost us more than we now pay, he talks about raising taxes on millionaires starting at $250,000 which to me is not a millionaire, he does things without seeking approval from Congress, and I am tired of hearing he inherited this debt when in fact, he increaased the debt more in 2 1/2 years than Bush in 8..When things get tough, he goes on vacation, or, now he is out campaigning using taxpayer's expense of a new motor coach. I know agree with Herman Cain that Obama should be impeached. The sooner he is gone the better and take with him Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Franks, Schumer, Durbin, Debbie Schultz, et al.

August 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  94. Jonsie

Don;t even need to read the article – CNN worships the ground!

August 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  95. Rick McDaniel

Obama is so egotistical, he really thinks he can't lose.

He is very likely to have a rude awakening.

August 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
  96. Ryan

For the most part I have been very proud of President Obama. Yes there are things that I have disagreed with him on however, I think overall he's been a driving force for good for our country.
    My biggest complaint is his continued determination to work with some members of the GOP. It's hard to find comprimise when the Republicans will do anything including tanking the economy simply to make him look bad in a presidential election cycle.

August 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
  97. Dave

Hey CNN, who's Ron Paul again? I hear you and the rest of the US media are having a hard time talking about him. Like it goes against your job to screw over the American people.

August 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm |
  98. Andrew Rpgerson

Wolf – I enjoyed your interview. One of my take-aways is that this country is asking too much of one person. The hyper lens of the media and the mastery of economics, international markets, finance, running two wars etc is too much. The country needs to find a way to make the President's job easier. I get it – politics will not allow this. However, if we want the best person for the job we have to make it simpler and get the country behind that person so its a win-win. At the moment it seems like a hope-lose.

August 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
  99. gmh

Obama has my vote...........

August 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
  100. Krista Moran

Another speech today...cut taxes???? It seems he still doesn't get it.
    Policies in Middle East are destroying this country.
    Bin Laden has won!