Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

August 16th, 2011

Pres. Obama talks jobs crisis with Wolf Blitzer

President Barack Obama explains to CNN's Wolf Blitzer what he's doing to create more jobs in the U.S. The full interview will replay on CNN Tuesday at 11 pm ET.

Filed under: President Obama
  1. Rich

Hey Wolf, is your leg tinglin' after that hard hitting interview? (see below)

BLITZER: “If you're reelected, the last time you were elected, you got Sasha and Malia a cute little puppy. … What are you going to get them the next time, if you're reelected?”

OBAMA: “When I'm reelected, what I'll be getting them is a continuation of Secret Service so that when boys want to start dating them they are going to be surrounded by men with guns. That's their gift.” …

BLITZER: “I hope you'll be coming and joining me in my Situation Room.”

OBAMA: “I look forward to it.”

BLITZER: “And if you invite me to yours, I'll be happy to come to yours as well. You can do that. You're the president of the United States.”

OBAMA: “Thank you, Wolf. You can visit any time.”

BLITZER: “We're going to really take you up on that.”

OBAMA: “Just you can't bring cameras. That's the only difference.”

August 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
  2. Matt

After seeing this interview with President Obama, it is very clear he really has no clue. Mr President you are taking this country down and I am starting to think you want to. I feel it's some sort of pay back and that you vilify successful people. Please leave us alone and go back to Chicago.

August 16, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
    • Howard

The President should not go back to Chicago because the people whether you like it or not have chosen to put him in the white house. I don't how you get the impression that the President vilifies successful people. I guess Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg also vilify successful people since they all support shared sacrifice? Maybe you should go back under YOUR rock

August 17, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  3. Ginny Langevin

WOLF.PLEASE DO NOR REFER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA AS "MR.OBAMA".IT IS DISRESPECTFUL.

August 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
  4. Ed Churchill

Wolf – I love your interview(s) with President Obama – they are insightful. But one thing bothers me, and that is on Job Creation: (1) Tax incentives for corporations and employers are beneficial, Tax breaks for the individuals that manage the corporations are not. (2) The richest of the rich have spoken, they don't need the tax breaks ( but will take them because they are offered ) – Republicans scoff at this and are in denial (Ostriches – ring a bell?) . (3) Tax deductions of any kind either for rich or poor do not help the economy. They pittance is not enough to spur the economy, only enough to buy the food to put on the table or to pay down a few bills. (4) Job creation is the key - give the corporations incentives to keep the jobs here in America.

August 16, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  5. Glenn

Wolf, you are the best. I think the world of you. But the way David Gergen seems to have been lately he should be working at that progaganda channel that pretends it is news.

August 16, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
  6. jean tyler

Your interview with the President is interesting – but it is being aired in a disjointed fashion. Pl air the entire interview without commentary from your correspondents.Thank you

August 16, 2011 at 6:48 pm |
  7. Glenn

What's with David Gergen? Of course the GOP freshmen were acting so irresponsibly wiling to take this country over a cliff. The President should have said that too... David Gergen use to have a reasonable non partison opinion. Now he is sounding more and more like a right wing hack...

August 16, 2011 at 6:46 pm |