Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-7pm ET on CNN.

July 12th, 2011

Bachmann husband trying to 'cure' gays?

Critics claim a counseling center run by the Bachmanns uses a controversial therapy that supposedly "cures" homosexuals. CNN's Jim Acosta reports.

RELATED: What's going on at the Bachmann clinic?

Filed under: 2012 election • Jim Acosta • Michele Bachmann
  1. Jack

These two were made for each other.

October 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
  2. Really

These programs can work. Bachmann and Palin cured me of my Conservatism. I have voted Republican for six straight elections, but after they deprogrammed me, I'm ready for the Rainbow Coalition. So don't knock this, cause it does work.

October 17, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
  3. pat carr

I'm going to be opening an ex-conservative therapy clinic. Helping people overcome the debilitating condition of conservativism

September 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  4. Robert Brown

About four years ago I discovered that my familty doctor was homophobic, after persistantly grilling me! I told him that I was a gay person! The result was that I was beaten up, blood was shed, and he deliberatly set up a scheme resulted in my having a heart attack! Not content with that, he wrote a message stating that I have aids–which I di not - and sent it to his medical buddies! In turn, I had six cardiologists who illegally abandoned me as their patient! I have tried to get somebody interested in my problem, but nobody shows any interest. I am almost 80 years old, and still angry what these doctors did to me. Is there anybody out their who could help me by reporting this case? I tried, but even the police who stated that it was obviouly a Hate Crime, refused to take it any further! In fact, most government offitials just turn their heads as they are afraid that they may lose a doctor of two. However, they would rather kill a patient than to disaplin the doctors! What am I to do? It seems like nobody gives a damn! That's the truth!

August 19, 2011 at 10:02 am |
  5. sanjosemike

The problem with so called "reparative therapy" is that it tries to assign genetically authoritative behavor with another that is "trained" response. Ultimately it will fail. These men will marry and try to have a straight life with women. The women will then be forced to share their "husbands" with multiple male s**ual partners.

The women will then be exposed to STDs. Unless the "wife" is willing to be completely celebate with her gay husband, she is being subjected to diseases she did not ask for, and in some cases can be life-threatening.

There is no place for "reparative" therapy. It might even be unethical for psychology providers to attempt.

sanjosemike

August 18, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  6. LaVon Hummel

It would be one thing to do it. It is another to claim to do it. Humble pie for this guy and let his wife eat cake.

July 25, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
  7. LaVon Hummel

Really? When he done with them maybe he could work on his wifes head.

July 25, 2011 at 6:50 pm |
  8. Pam

Bachmann Clinic to cure gays, it looks like it cured him. He certainly tries hard to hide what is obvious if you watch his actions. Remember the old saying keep looking in other peoples closet, so they'll be too busy to look into yours. It doesn't bother me, except they are obviously hippacrites. Plenty of gay men are married, and their wives know about them, but let them have their private lives away from the house, especially if it is politically or financially better for them. Quite a few of the religious zelots turn out to have some guy on the side and when they get caught they repent.Ck it out.

July 13, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
  9. deb

This hot anchor looks like George Clooney.

July 13, 2011 at 7:36 am |