Today's Situation Room:

Wolf Blitzer delivers the most important breaking news and political, international, and national security stories of the day. Tune to The Situation Room weekdays 5-6:30pm ET on CNN.

June 14th, 2011

Boeing plant ignites union battle

Lisa Sylvester looks at the decisions behind Boeing's increased presence in the right-to-work state of South Carolina.

See also: BLITZER'S BLOG: Boeing plant controversy could undermine big biz support for Obama

Post by:
Filed under: Boeing
  1. Tim

Dean, you are another brainwashed GOP zombie. Fact: In 1971 74% of all cars sold in America were built by US auto companies. Fact: In 2010 33.4% of all cars sold in America were built by US auto companies. It has been the failure of the US auto industry executives to compete, and the steady loss of market share not the unions- get a clue.

October 11, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
  2. Remember

PATCO – Professional Air Traffic Controller's Organization. They're coming for you too!!!

June 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  3. james Miller

AMEN to the Kickin` Donkey. Our system is so corrupted by corporations it`s shameful. Proof !! -- Look no farther than the Supreme Court`s ruling on corporate donations.-- Nuf said

June 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
  4. Robin Petersen

Robin Patrick Petersen
    100 Robins W. Parkway #105
    Warner Robins, GA 31088
    (480) 993-5344
    April 30, 2011

The Honorable Saxby Chambliss, U.S. Senator, Georgia
    300 Mulberry Street
    Suite 502
    Macon, GA 31201

Subj: Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Act – Boeing Fraud/Passport Confiscation/Trafficking

Dear Senator Chambliss,

I am writing this letter to follow up on my email I sent you on April 12, 2011 and to ask for your assistance in bringing attention to a matter that involves a defense contractor who has violated my rights and the laws of our country. You have my written consent to investigate should you decide to help me.

In January of 2009, I was employed by "The Boeing Company" (TBC) and its wholly owned subsidiary Boeing International Support Systems, Saudi Arabia (BISS) who have engaged in fraudulent and criminal activities (First) here in the United States and then again in the country of Saudi Arabia.

The criminal activity I am referring to was (First) committed here in the United States and arises from fraudulent recruiting practices that BISS is conducting while operating as an unregistered business from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and in St. Louis, Missouri. The criminal activity overseas stems from fraudulent representations made by TBC management; fraudulent activities taking place within these companies operations; and the fact that Boeing/BISS management confiscated my U.S. Passport and did not returned it upon my written demand. I believe the confiscation of a U.S. Passport; not returning it upon demand; and holding a person in a foreign country for months against their will constitutes the criminal act of false imprisonment.

During the time I was being held against my will I reported this incident to Boeing's Ethics Department, Boeing's CEO and to U.S. Department of State, but heard nothing back from them. On June 8th, 2009 (nearly four months of captivity) I was able to get out of Saudi Arabia with the assistance of a security officer who was working at the U.S. Consulate who demanded that Boeing/BISS return my passport. When I returned home to the United States, I reported this incident to the Phoenix FBI. Although, I provided the FBI with as much detail as I could they never took any action. I then contacted Senator John McCain who passed my complaint on to Senator Jon Kyl who then inquired on my behalf to find out why law enforcement (the FBI) failed to act. The U.S. Justice Department responded informing Senator Kyl that the FBI stated that they did not have jurisdiction in this matter. I strongly disagree with the statement that the FBI provided Senator Kyl because the criminal act of "Fraud" was in fact initiated here in the United States by a company (BISS) that according to its own attorneys has no legal right to be operating in this country. (They are not legally registered in the U.S. and are not paying U.S. Corporate income taxes) The U.S. Department of Justice without careful analysis appears to have failed to recognize or consider this fact. (Please find Senator Kyl's letter to me dated October 29, 2010 and the response he received from the U.S. Department of Justice dated 07 Oct 2010)

In May of 2010 I filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of Arizona alleging wrongdoing by TBC and BISS. TBC and BISS have filed motions to have my case dismissed against them based on improper forum selection. The court has granted their motion to dismiss, ruling improper forum selection while not taking in to account that I was defrauded by BISS (First) here in the United States and that BISS is operating illegally within the United States.

1. Please find evidence enclosed and listed as (Exhibit A) that attorneys representing "The Boeing Company" (TBC) and Boeing International Support Systems (BISS) have provided a sworn affidavit from Yvette B. Kumi a Boeing Corporate paralegal who states " the only jurisdiction in which BISS is authorized to do business is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

2. Please find enclosed as (Exhibit B) a business card that I received from a Mr. Dan Nelson who clearly identifies himself as a Manager for International Support Systems – BISS and who states his operations are located at 6001 S. Air Depot, Oklahoma City, OK.

3. Please find enclosed as (Exhibit C) an email from BISS Manager Daniel J. Nelson stationed and "Doing Business" in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This email identifies that his supervisors are operating from St. Louis, Missouri.

4. Please find enclosed (Exhibit D) a Boeing Company press release dated (Jan. 7, 2010) that indicates that the Boeing Company is making leadership changes to include Mr. Torbjorn Sjogren to be named Vice President of International Support Systems and Alsalam Aircraft Company. Mr. Sjogren lives and operates from St. Louis, Missouri.

5. Please find enclosed correspondence from Boeing/BISS attorney Geoffrey M.T. Sturr that provides evidence that BISS/Alsalam has financial accounts (Citi Bank, NY) located here in the United States.

6. Please find enclosed a copy of my attorney's motion to vacate and file an amended claim against the Boeing Company and Boeing International Support Systems (BISS).

Although Boeing attorney's with all the power of their company have been able to twist the facts in their favor, please understand that it is my contention that "Fraud" took place (first) here in the United States. I should be allowed the right to litigate here in my own country and not forced to return to Saudi Arabia to obtain justice when that country subverts freedom, continues to violate the rights of others, and is listed by our own government as a Tier III violator whose legal system is unjust and subject to corruption.

I would ask that you please conduct your own investigation, asking the Attorney General again why criminal activity such as "Fraud" that was committed by TBC/BISS in this country cannot be investigated by our own law enforcement officials (the FBI) and why the U.S. Justice Department has failed to provide due diligence in enforcing the laws of our country which are instituted to protect its Citizens from those who knowingly and willfully engage in criminal acts. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to review the enclosed material.

Sincerely,

Robin Patrick Petersen

Encl: Letter from Senator Kyl
    Exhibits "A" through "F"

June 20, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  5. A Kickin' Donkey

It's Boeing shareholder's business where they locate their plants. It makes good business to pick a location where labor costs are lower, product quality is high, and workrules are flexible so that any trained person can do any job. This allows Boeing to be in position to sell airplanes at a lower price that European based Airbus. This keeps jobs in America.

However, Boeing shouldn't come asking for Federal money: R&D funding to subsidize their product development or government bailouts if they run the business into the ground,

The problem in America is we privitize the profits and socialize the costs or losses. I hope all the people that are about to rail over "Socialism" and " Free-Market-Economics" think that through before spouting off.

June 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
  6. Mike Barry

Moving work to a right to WORK for LESS $$. This does not help the American worker ,It is corporate greed.
    Jobs in America fail to pay enough to make ends meet in most cases. Union Jobs are better jobs . That is no secret.
    The (R) Rep is just trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Viewers. Go Wolf !!

June 19, 2011 at 12:40 am |
    • Dean

You want to see the results of Union only workers? Check out downtown Detroit after the unions forced car manufacturing out of the country.

June 21, 2011 at 2:37 pm |